How much do I need to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calatan

Having only a few years of programming under my belt, I realize that the work on KoLmafia is hard, far beyond my skill. That being said, why the hell can't we have a mafia that works? Seriously, the last like 3 or more months, it hasn't worked worth a shit.

I realize that new features, items, monsters, etc complicates things...but damn..it doesnt even register inventory stuff now. I cant even make a goddamn TPS drink.

Seriously, if there is some hidden club I need to pay to join (real money or KoL money) in order to have a working copy of KoLmafia, please by all that is holy just tell me how much to pay and where to send it.

[red]This behaviour is flatly unacceptable. Do it again and I will ban you from this forum. Do not edit out this message from me. Period. You need to take a serious step back and think about the entire situation before you post again. My tolerance for slamming KoLMafia is admittedly low right now, but your post is simply and flatly unacceptable. -Daychilde[/red]

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You're welcome!

I've been using it every day to run my turns for those "last like 3 or more months". I've had a few problems, now and then - and since I always use the very latest codebase, you'd expect that - but the way it's worked has been way more than "worth a shit."

Have you reported your issues on the main KoL forum KoLmafia thread?
And have you tried expressing them as other than a flame?

If you do those two things, I'm sure that the developers will have the first glimmering of a clue that you might be having problems. But if you don't report your problem, they will be blissfully unaware that you are simmering with resentment - and if you express your bug reports as flames, they might just not care whether or not you are so-simmering.

Calatan

I apologize for the flaming. Im mostly mad that I literally spent the entire summer writing some amazing scripts that almost never work anymore without a lot of manual work now.

But seriously, if I need to send money let me know.

macman104

[quote author=Calatan link=topic=654.msg3061#msg3061 date=1166501497]
I apologize for the flaming. Im mostly mad that I literally spent the entire summer writing some amazing scripts that almost never work anymore without a lot of manual work now.

But seriously, if I need to send money let me know.
[/quote]Feel free to post your scripts (you can even attach them to a post under "Additional Options") in the appropriate forum section, and people can help you look at them and see why they don't work the way you're expected to.

And if you're mad because scripts you wrote don't work, and you were having issues with mafia, did you ever report them? The devs aren't psychic, so sitting at your computer yelling "Damn you mafia, why can't you people make a program that works", does them no good because, as much as it'd be crazy amazing, they can't hear you like that. However, I have found in my year of using and reporting bugs to mafia, the developers to respond surprisingly well to a post such as:

"Hi, I ran into this bug yesterday. It....<go on to explain bug>. I've found that I can reliably get the bug to occur by doing....<explain how to reproduce>." If you can't reproduce it, that's ok, mention that. Just give them as much info as you can, and it'll help cut down the time it takes them to find a bug, it'll also help you go from being the annoying person who post semi-vague bugs/flames, to the very informative helpful, polite poster.

It can do wonders for the response and assistance you'll get.

Nightmist

What would be amusing is that if its just because he didn't have a meat paste in his inventory and he hasn't been reading the main forums to learn about that... Actually it wouldn't be that amusing but who knows that might just be the inventory detection problem right there.

Anyway yeah, saying it "doesn't work" and then saying "it hasn't worked worth a shit. " Isn't exactly the fastest way to get any real help. Sure you will get noticed but for the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.