Buffbot files to move when changing host devices

MalLardo

At the risk of sounding like a total n00b...

I'm now trying to take the bufflist files from the current host PC on which our clan buffbot is running and move them to another device, however I don't seem to be able to get the new host machine to be able to read the bufflist. I've copied the botname.xml file into the "buffs" folder on the new device, and everything at least runs but the bufflist isn't being read... then when that failed I tried also copying the accompanying buffbot.txt file into the same directory which resulted in a long, drawn-out set of Java errors which I can post if anyone's interested.

My question obviously is which files do I need to be moving to run the buffbot on the new device, and is there a particular sequence in which the move needs to be done (restart, then move file, ...)? Thanks in advance...

holatuwol

Developer
It should strictly be buffbot.txt, and things should only be moved around when/if no instance of KoLmafia is running.

MalLardo

Thanks very much for the quick reply hola!

I think I was thrown off by a few things -- one, someone else working on this bot tried to move it on his end using only buffbot.txt and it didn't work, so I assumed it wouldn't, two, I therefore assumed I needed the .xml file, and three, and most embarrassingly, I gmailed the buffbot.txt file to myself and gmail expanded it rather than leaving it as a file, so I had to copy-paste and save again -- I imagine the formatting got screwed up somewhere along the way and that was the major bit of the problem. Be warned! :)

Aprocalypse

You may want all the settings files from the settings folder, too.

Basically, what I transfer to a new place is:

Scripts
Settings
Buffbot.txt file

The xml file will automagically get generated on that computer when you run KoLMafia, so no need to transfer.

(I've done this a few times with no problems. If worst comes to worst, just copy the whole damned folder. ;D)