Can anyone help me on how i can punch the calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunundrum

Would anyone know how to modify these scripts to punch the crimbo calendar whenever they run? Thanks!

Attachments

• Peak6.ash
    3 KB · Views: 82
  • Peak7.ash
    3 KB · Views: 71

BDrag0n

or alternatively you could log in for the 30 seconds or so it takes to punch a hole in the advent calendar?

Nightmist

Yeah, I'm with BDrag0n here, and the calendar is ment to carry over days this time aswell so you don't miss out if you forget to punch it manually one day. Automating "new" content is bad.

cameron

whilst i do understand the point of... restraining... server thumping activities on new content the fact that this is a time limited new content makes one wish that such limitations were not in place... know what i mean?

possibly i'm bitter because i failed to burn through all of my turns today due to new content distractions... ;)

Nightmist

[quote author=cameron link=topic=608.msg2886#msg2886 date=1165031595]
whilst i do understand the point of... restraining... server thumping activities on new content the fact that this is a time limited new content makes one wish that such limitations were not in place... know what i mean?

possibly i'm bitter because i failed to burn through all of my turns today due to new content distractions... ;)
[/quote]
The fact that the mall exists makes one want to have infinite meat. However infinite meat we do not have... makes one wish that such limitations such as meat were not in place... know what i mean?

The point of new holiday content is to enjoy, not to farm the hell out of, so if your intention is to burn through all your turns... why does it need to be burnt in the new content areas? Unless of course your not talking about new areas... in which case what content are you missing out on again? I'm not aware of mafia blocking anything other then that area (and thats not even a proper block).

tg

I can see where people are coming from, however...

Isn't part of, if not the whole point of, Mafia to reduce the drudgery? It takes me at least 9 clicks to punch the calendar. Per character. Per day. And I keep forgetting which character I've completed it for a given day, so I end up wasting more clicks to log back in and check. That, to me, is precisely the kind of thing that makes Mafia so helpful - performing a mind-numbing, repetitive task for me.

I finally got around to realizing how easy it is to automate this today.

Now, if someone automated the Crimbo quest entirely, I could see the issue with that. You're supposed to go discover and enjoy it on your own. A 1-a-day punch just isn't in the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.