Noob

Nightmist

Uh I can't say I'm speaking for everyone but [flame]NO =/. The Toot quest is once per character and if your going to script it you might aswell go find another game to play because seriously, if your gonna make characters but are too lazy to do the Toot quest manually then atleast dont expect someone else to make something to bypass what is literally a once-per-character thing.Oh and did I mention it was once-per-character?[/flame]

Edit: Or yeah if you ment getting the letter then thats below >>.

Metraxis

Based on certain extraordinarily kind assumptions (that is to say, if my assumptions are in any way wrong, see the above response) this snippet is what you want:
Code:
council();
visit_url("mtnoob.php?action=toot");
use(item_amount($item[letter from King Ralph XI]),$item[letter from King Ralph XI]);
use(item_amount($item[pork elf goodies sack]),$item[pork elf goodies sack]);

Even if we are talking about the resurrected oriole it's still only like 4 or 5 clicks, and seems like it's more effort to write a script for than it's worth.

I can see a reason for it though. I have a set of items that I pull on day 1. Black Lotus, 2 ice sickles, wizard hat, travoltan trousers, etc. All 20 pulls are known in advance. A lot of these items I don't want to pull on day 2, but may accidentally run the script killing all 20 item pulls. The letter from the king is the stop I use. I visit the toot, then If I have a letter then execute pulls, and use the letter. If not then the script fails gracefully.

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=586.msg2821#msg2821 date=1163891953]
...besides, #6 is good at detecting multifarmers. :)
[/quote]

Side Note/ Off-Topic:

If i were to ascend a character and make the greatest farmer/player you can achive then abbandon the current player is that multi abuse?

macman104

[quote author=GhettoTrucker link=topic=586.msg2822#msg2822 date=1163912380]
Side Note/ Off-Topic:

If i were to ascend a character and make the greatest farmer/player you can achive then abbandon the current player is that multi abuse?[/quote]Why would you do that? Just out of curiousity, that's all. Aside from that, creating a character to simply farm and just farm, and leave the gains on that character, there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you start using the character to hammer the servers, then you'll probably be nabbed.

Nightmist

I just think that this is a question of being "right" to do it by script.
I see it as the first toot quest shouldn't be scripted but the getting the letter toot quest is obviously not a "once-per-character" thing and can become quite the hassle so that there in terms of "using scripts to reduce the hassle of repeating the task over and over" makes sense.
So... but I'm making hundreds of characters and I need this script to "by-pass" the hassle... (Heh that just makes it sound stupid now doesn't it?)

But if you don't have the time to do the first toot quest then just maybe your not going to have enough time to play all your characters? Unless your already scripting all these characters in which case maybe you should consider "playing" the game ;). (Really scripting characters just so you can have more characters... which you also script, is just a bad loop of evil)

Then again all I've been talking about is the "first toot quest" and not about the "getting the letter" but thats because getting the letter has already been "scripted" and posted in here so it was sort of pointless debating that... Anyhow yes more information would be nice ^^.

PS. Take the above messages with a "tongue-in-cheek" manner. >> It's meant to be semi-funny but as usual I fail... badly.

Jacking into Off-topic Convo:
Oh and about that making the greatest farmer/player thing, what would be interesting would just keep that single character on constant scripted farming mode and then compare the end total meat from a character that is being "actively played by a person". Might prove interesting, maybe... (Wait... this has almost nothing to do with that Off-topic Convo...)

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=586.msg2824#msg2824 date=1163925780]
Would it involve interaction between characters you control?
[/quote]

It would be like abandoning the first player (making it virtually a character just to chat with people. and hang out in cool clans... and test out scripts and such) So no, their would be no interaction.