Bug - Not A Bug Unultrahydrated

StDoodle

Minion
The automatic adventuring at the Oasis when one attempts to adventure at the Desert w/o Ultrahydrated, when the Desert with Ultrahydrated was the last adventure, no longer appears to work for me. Noticed this once before, but had not been paying close enough attention to be sure there hadn't been a user error.

Please let me know if my interpretation is off of how mafia is intended to handle this situation; I think I have it correct, but I'm not 100% sure.

Using r8396 on Vista 64.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How did you attempt to adventure there? It will re-hydrate you if you select the "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" as your location via an "Adventure Again" link in the browser, the Desert link in the recent locations list in the charpane, or exactly that adventure in the GUI. In other words, if the URL takes you to snarfblat=123, KoLmafia will visit the Oasis first if you are not already Ultrahydrated.

If you go to the desert from the map of the Beach, the URL you get sends you to snarfblat=121, which is "Desert (Unhydrated)". We dutifully let you go there.

StDoodle

Minion
No, I was using "adventure again" from the end of an ultrahydrated combat at the Desert. I'm wondering if perhaps another server change (sim. to barrels) was made to make such unrecognizable... anything in particular I should look for?

Edit to add my log from the applicable adv.'s:
Code:
[650] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: plaque of locusts
Round 0: StDoodle wins initiative!
Round 1: StDoodle casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: StDoodle casts WEAPON OF THE PASTALORD!
Round 3: StDoodle casts RAVIOLI SHURIKENS!
You gain 32 Meat
After Battle: Sabo does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: handful of sand
You gain 5 Strongness
You gain 17 Enchantedness
You gain 18 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!

[650] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: Sandstorm, Take Me Away from the Norm
You acquire an effect: Turned Into a Skeleton (duration: 5 Adventures)
So apparently mafia thought my previous combat didn't take a turn, and therefore thought I had another turn of the effect left? I dunno... (Guessing it's just a "lag ate the server response" issue?)

For reference, I checked the links & they appear to be as they were, to the best of my knowledge. Ie the end of your last ultrahydrated combat at the desert is:
Code:
<p><a href="adventure.php?snarfblat=123">Adventure Again (The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert)</a></p><p><a href="adventure.php?snarfblat=122">Adventure at The Oasis</a>

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just tried this.

1) Adventure in Oasis to get Ultrahydrated
click on the "Adventure in The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert)
2) Adventure in the Desert while Ultra-Hydrated
click on Adventure Again (The Arid Extra-Dry Desert)
3) Adventure in the Desert while Ultra-Hydrated
4) Adventure in the Desert while Ultra-Hydrated
5) Adventure in the Desert while Ultra-Hydrated
6) Adventure in the Desert while Ultra-Hydrated
7) KoLmafia visits the Oasis to get UltraHydrated
8) KoLmafia directs me to the Arid Extra-Dry Desert

In other words, it worked exactly as I'd expect it to. Nothing has changed.

Are you waiting for the charpane to refresh after your battle? That's how we count down turns of active effects - and notice when they disappear. If you click Adventure Again before the charpane refreshes, I would assume that KoLmafia thinks you are still Ultrahydrated and sends you right back into the Desert without a trip to the Oasis.

Edit: and your edit proves that that was exactly what happened: we only advance the turn count when the charpane refresh says to.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
... we only advance the turn count when the charpane refresh says to.

Ah, for some reason I thought mafia was tracking that independently. Don't know why I would think that; my only excuse is that I've had a very, very long week. :(