I Wish: Volcanic Island for Seal Clubbers Script

ajandaj

I find the Volcanic Island adventure where you are clubbing baby seals and motherhellseals to be so incredibly long and tedious. I wish there was a script to handle this or easy strategy to this using KoLMafia. I just spent 50 adventures on it and came away with 1 Hellseal brain! (And a bunch of burst stuff; entangling noodles is a no - no on these battles, it turns out).
Ideas?

Bale

Minion
I think you'd be better off to take your problem to the main forum and get advice on how to successfully fight hellseals. Once you learn how, then set up a CCS if necessary and just let mafia harvest them with automatic adventuring. First, manually torture the babies in the relay browser until the mothers are at exactly the best level of murderous rage for you to kill them before being killed. Then for me the best strategy is just to use lunging-thrust smack with a 2 handed club. Set your healing to something conservative and let automatic adventuring do the rest.

That doesn't really benefit from a script.

Bale

Minion
Moved? By "main forums" I meant here, probably under gameplay. Did you want it moved somewhere more possible?

Bale

Minion
LTS with a two handed club is 100% hit rate if you're a Seal Clubber. (Only if you're a Seal Clubber.)

If you don't have a 2-handed club, then to get a good one, go to your guild store and purchase a figurine of an armored seal and 10 seal-blubber candles. That will summon a Centurion of Sparky which will drop (always) an ingot of seal-iron. If you have the skill Super-Advanced Meatsmithing, you can click the use link on your ingot to turn it into a bad-ass club.

Winterbay

My CCS for fighting that part looked like this:

Code:
[ hellseal pup ]
1: skill clobber
2: attack with weapon

[ mother hellseal ]
1: skill bashing slam smash

This will lead to maximum level mothers though so you might want to see to it that you don't get too many pups clobbered.

Edit: For the start of the quest I guess LTS is better than BSS since you don't have that yet then...

slyz

Developer
Entangling noodles works perfectly on mother seals, here's my CCS:
Code:
[ default ]
1: skill clobber

[ mother hellseal ]
1: skill entangling noodles
2: skill lunging thrust-smack
You won't get the jump though, so don't forget to setup Mafia's healing options.

zarqon

Tweak to Bale's suggestion:

1) download AutoClub (link in my sig).
2) call autoclub ingot of seal-iron; create bad-ass club

Bale

Minion
(And a bunch of burst stuff; entangling noodles is a no - no on these battles, it turns out).
Entangling noodles works perfectly on mother seals

Since entangling noodles is not the problem, you're doing something to cause damage other than attacking with your weapon. Do not use shieldbutt. Do not have a saucesphere or other source of passive damage active.

gnaddelwarz

To add to this thread: Is there a way (in the gCLI or in a script) to let Mafia NOT abort an being beaten up?
Because with my CCS and healing options I mostly can beat the motherseals, but not always.
However I really would like to say "adv 50 broodling" without mafia breaking on getting my ass handed to me.
(I regularry can 1-hit-kill them. But sometimes it takes 2 hits. Or it would, if I would survive a second hit of the motherseal)
Instead it should simply autoheal (by using a tongue, so also curing beaten up) and go on.
(The reason behind this, that IMO adventuring here is the best way of powerleveling as a SC, for level 30 and/or telescope parts)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
To add to this thread: Is there a way (in the gCLI or in a script) to let Mafia NOT abort an being beaten up?

I suspect your problem is on the Adventuring Tab, under HP/MP Usage: Stop Automation. Change it to Stop if auto-recovery fails, instead of Stop if Health at 0%.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I suspect your problem is on the Adventuring Tab, under HP/MP Usage: Stop Automation. Change it to Stop if auto-recovery fails, instead of Stop if Health at 0%.
I confused and this may be a result of using UR.
I get
> You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
> Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
> Restoring HP! Currently at 0 of 24 HP, 73 of 73 MP, current meat: 3421 ... Target HP = 24.
and would love it if auto-adventure would stop so I can follow the advice. Instead things continue with
cast 1 Disco Power Nap
You gain 40 hit points
> You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
> Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.

[351] Dark Neck of the Woods
Operator error, although the automation setting is as suggested, UR "feature" or just a wrong expectation on my part?

I suppose this belongs under UR but...

Thanks

slyz

Developer
I think that UR now follows it's own settings, that can override Mafia's, so make sure to download the relay interface and configure it like your Mafia settings.

I'll let Bale have the final word on this though, as I haven't looked at UR's code close enough to be sure.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I think that UR now follows it's own settings, that can override Mafia's, so make sure to download the relay interface and configure it like your Mafia settings.
I didn't see anything in the relay interface that seemed to me to be related to a preference that would translate as "abort if beaten up and cannot remove". But...

slyz

Developer
I looked at the code, and UR's relay interface's "Auto-recover health at" / "Try to recover health up to" and "Auto-recover mana at" / "Try to recover mana up to" are actually the mafia settings, so that's not it.

Bale

Minion
And suddenly this thread has become UR help!

That is just mafia behavior that UR is not over-riding.

I suppose if you wanted to force mafia to stop when you get beaten up you could add a line to your mood: Trigger On: When effect is gained; Check For: Beaten Up; Command: Abort

gnaddelwarz

It's already that way:
Mafia gCLI said:
Request 56 of 236 (Volcano: The Broodling Grounds) in progress...

[1738] The Broodling Grounds
Encounter: mother hellseal
Strategy: /home/tim/.kolmafia/ccs/ninja.ccs [mother hellseal]
Round 0: technospatz loses initiative!
You lose 669 hit points
Round 1: technospatz casts BASHING SLAM SMASH!
You lose 669 hit points

Script abort.
Insufficient health to continue (auto-abort triggered).

> get autoAbortThreshold

> restore hp

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Casting Tongue of the Otter 1 times...
You gain 10 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Otter was successfully cast.
Restoring HP! Currently at 10 of 1032 HP, 159 of 389 MP, current meat: 7690946 ... Target HP = 929.
_meatperhp => 0.72211283
Using 1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic healing.

slyz

Developer
@ gnaddelwarz : in your case, you want to follow Bale's first advice and set Stop Automation to Stop if auto-recovery fails.

Bale

Minion
@slyz: That's not his problem. He's done that.

@gnaddelwarz: It didn't even attempt to heal on its own. You had to manually activate the healing with "restore hp". The script aborted because you had 0 hp. There wasn't any possible way for the script to do anything other than abort if you have 0 hp. KoL just doesn't let you adventure without any HP. I think you'd best figure out how to turn on automatic healing. :)