Automated Going Postal

Automated Going Postal

This script will finish the moxie sign quest "Going postal", requiring one click instead of 25.

Requires Zlib and CanAdv

It checks in advance if you can complete the quest, and aborts if not.
Currently checks:
  • If you have completed the meatcar quest
  • If you are in a moxie sign ascension
  • If you are falling-down drunk
  • If you can adventure in all the locations needed (using CanAdv)
  • If you are wearing the Filthy Hippy Disguise (only checks if you haven't already done the hippy camp encounters)
  • if you have enough adventures (this doesn't take in account every-location encounters)

Can continue already started quests, and will handle every-location encounters (nemesis assassins, Feast of Boris monsters) with your combat settings (the drop-down in the adventure tab).

Attachments

• postal.ash
    1.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Nice, but I'd like to make some tiny requests. Y'know how if you have the hippy outfit equipped, it automatically aborts, saying you can't complete this with the hippy outfit equipped? Have this check later, so then you can say that if you haven't given that hippy whatever item she wanted, then abort. Also, you could easily add a visit_url() to the end to actually complete the quest (i.e. retrieve the reward).

Also, a couple of pointers:
Line 15 says "while (done==false)". This could be expressed, simply, as "while (!done)".
Line 26 says 'if (have_equipped($item[Filthy Corduroys]) && have_equipped($item[Filthy Knitted Dread Sack]))'. Simpler way to express this: 'if (string_modifier("Outfit")=="Filthy Hippy Disguise")'

moodaddy08

Keep getting this error when ever i try to run the script, not sure why unless it has something to do with Whitey's being misspelled. Sorry, im not a scripter so i don't know how to fix it myself so any help would nice, thanks :D (and yes i can actually adventure at the grove so thats not the problem)

Determining current quest advancement...
Match found.
You currently are at step 1
You cannot currently adventure at Whitheys Grove. You cannot complete the quest

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Quite possibly could be because the location's name is so horribly misspelled that Mafia can't recognize it. Based on the code, I'd imagine that the script couldn't figure out what location "Whitheys Grove" was supposed to be. (fixed version uploaded to Zarqon's site, so it should work now)

(edit: You might have to reset the map-checking preference via this CLI command: "set map_postal_locations.txt =")

moodaddy08

what level are you on. maybe the fact that your stats are too low you cannot adventure

im a lvl 12 Db with the following base stats
muscle 98
mysticality 102
moxie 136

im pretty sure thats not the problem, i ventured there on my own just to make sure when i first ran into the problem and had no difficulties :(

moodaddy08

Quite possibly could be because the location's name is so horribly misspelled that Mafia can't recognize it. Based on the code, I'd imagine that the script couldn't figure out what location "Whitheys Grove" was supposed to be. (fixed version uploaded to Zarqon's site, so it should work now)

(edit: You might have to reset the map-checking preference via this CLI command: "set map_postal_locations.txt =")

okay i'll redownload and try that

moodaddy08

sorry took me a few days before i had a chance to try what you recommended, and it worked (sorta), now it says this:

Match found.
You cannot currently adventure at Hippy Camp. You cannot complete the quest

this might be due to the fact that my Hippy Camp is Stone Age now, though i don't know. I tried resetting it again but that didn't fix it, anything else i can do?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Would probably require an actual fix to the script.

Add these lines before "if ((!can_adv(locations[a].to_location(),false)) && (a!=5) && (a!=21))":
PHP:
buffer m = visit_url("questlog.php?which=2");
if(locations[a])=="Hippy Camp" && (m.contains_text("led the Orcish frat boys") || m.contains_text("led the pirates")))
    locations[a] = "Hippy Camp (Stone Age)";

moodaddy08

i did like you suggested (i think, not sure really) like this:

{
if(locations[a])=="Hippy Camp" && (m.contains_text("led the Orcish frat boys") || m.contains_text("led the pirates")))
locations[a] = "Hippy Camp (Stone Age)"; if ((!can_adv(locations[a].to_location(),false)) && (a!=5) && (a!=21))

and when i run it, it replies with this:

"if" requires a boolean conditional expression (postal.ash, line 50)

im assuming i did something very wrong here, sorry not a scripter so im not sure exactly where to put it

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Ack, I had an extra parenthesis, sorry. Should be:
PHP:
if(locations[a]=="Hippy Camp" && (m.contains_text("led the Orcish frat boys") || m.contains_text("led the pirates")))
    locations[a] = "Hippy Camp (Stone Age)";

moodaddy08

okay that seemed to work, but now im back to getting my original error

Match found.
You cannot currently adventure at Whitheys Grove. You cannot complete the quest

which would be the spelling error i assume, im guessing that's an error from canadv.ash though and not postal.ash

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Technically not an error from canadv, but rather with the datafile. Go to your \data folder (same root directory as the \scripts folder) and edit postal_locations.txt so that Whitey's Grove is spelled correctly. Reuploaded a copy of the datafile, but I'm not sure why it reverted to its previous (incorrect) state in the first place. (Or why it seems to have done so again, huh. It's apparently now flip-flopping between the two states.)

Last edited:

moodaddy08

woot, it works, thanks heeheehee :D
i realize i could have already completed the quest on my own awhile back, but the script not working right for me just bugged me and wanted to try and fix it, sorry to bug ya

tgetgel

Technically not an error from canadv, but rather with the datafile. Go to your \data folder (same root directory as the \scripts folder) and edit postal_locations.txt so that Whitey's Grove is spelled correctly. Reuploaded a copy of the datafile, but I'm not sure why it reverted to its previous (incorrect) state in the first place. (Or why it seems to have done so again, huh. It's apparently now flip-flopping between the two states.)

Make sure the spelling is right for both entries (10 and 16). Also, I had to change Misspelled Cemetary to post-cyrpt cemetary to get this to work (entries 5 and 21).

I also added this line
PHP:
print("Determining current quest advancement..." + locations[a]);
just after the stone age patch above to give visibility into where it was in the process.

Before
Code:
 call scripts\totry\postal.ash

Match found.
You currently are at step 4
Determining current quest advancement...Haunted Library
Determining current quest advancement...Misspelled Cemetary
Not a known location!
Determining current quest advancement...Knob Goblin Kitchens
Determining current quest advancement...Spooky Forest
Determining current quest advancement...Noob Cave
Determining current quest advancement...Hippy Camp (Stone Age)
Determining current quest advancement...Whitey's Grove
Determining current quest advancement...Fantasy Airship
Determining current quest advancement...Ninja Snowmen
Determining current quest advancement...Haiku Dungeon
Determining current quest advancement...Ninja Snowmen
Determining current quest advancement...Fantasy Airship
Determining current quest advancement...Whitey's Grove
Determining current quest advancement...Hippy Camp (Stone Age)
Determining current quest advancement...Noob Cave
Determining current quest advancement...Spooky Forest
Determining current quest advancement...Knob Goblin Kitchens
Determining current quest advancement...Misspelled Cemetary
Not a known location!
Determining current quest advancement...Haunted Library
Determining current quest advancement...Friars' Gate
Not a known location!
You cannot currently adventure at Friars' Gate. You cannot complete the quest
Worked slick as a whistle after making the cemetary change.

Last edited: