Bug - Fixed [cosmetic] Empty sub-menus in familiar popup

Aankhen

SVN 8336.

I don’t have many familiars. As such, when I click on the familiar picture in KoLmafia’s compact side pane, the popup menu that appears (to speed up familiar switching) contains several empty sub-menus. These (a) look strange and (b) confused me when I first encountered the menu. Those sub-menus should either be disabled entirely or contain a single, disabled entry labelled “(none)”.

I’ve attached a patch that implements the first option, as the second seems less polished to me.

Attachments

• familiar-popup-disable-empty-menus.patch
    935 bytes · Views: 51

Bale

Minion
Bumping this in the hopes someone will take a look at the patch. It seems like a good idea for beginning characters if the patch does the work it is supposed to do.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the patch is now in my queue which pretty much guarantees someone else will look at it sooner and commit it ;-)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r9384. I upgraded to NetBeans 7.0 and wanted to commit something to confirm that settings transferred correctly.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I looked at this and went to fix the formatting to agree with our coding standards and decided to not even include the submenu if you don't have a familiar of that type.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I looked at this and went to fix the formatting to agree with our coding standards and decided to not even include the submenu if you don't have a familiar of that type.

Thank you. Did I miss anything else besides the if and brackets? There was a period of time when I could never get my tab settings right.

As a tangent is there a tool and configuration files that will enforce the KoLmafia code formatting standards? I'm certainly willing to run one before commits, but I just don't want to have to configure it.