Feature - Implemented Container support

Mafia dosen't seem to recognize container type items.
I recently got a hold of a mr. container
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Carrying_Capacity.
Typing into the gcli "equip mr. container" results in the message
Code:
You can't equip a Mr. Container.
Also the maximizer ignores the container slot (neither equipping or unequipping) even though my understanding was that it would never consider leaving a slot free if it could help it (even if the item dosen't give the stat being maximized).

If it's decided to add this feature i can help if needed, or if you prefer one of the devs can borrow my container.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not averse to adding it - borrowing the container to enable testing would solve the main issue - but, considering that it would take time away from more "important" things, it's pretty low on my list.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I borrowed a Mr. Container - and then learned that there is an accessible-to-anyone container dropped by the Baby Bugged Bugbear. So, I had two containers to test with.

I was initially intending to try to make the container slot show up on the Gear Changer if and only if you have a container equipped or in inventory, since I felt most people would consider it to be clutter. That may still be true, but the bugged-container DOES make it available to anybody, not just the 0.001%, so I left it always visible. The shirt slot is always visible, even if you don't have Torso Awaregness. It's just too complicated for too little benefit, in my opinion, to try to figure out how to hide or show a dropdown on the Gear Changer - and presumably, have the size of the frame shrink or grow as necessary.

Revision 10313

Bale

Minion
You're gonna hate me for this so I'm sorry, but... I think I'd have been happier if it wasn't implemented. It's a shame we cannot have a preference to disable that. There aren't any non-joke containers available to me (and most others) so it only adds something unnecessary to the interface.

Last edited: