Bug - Fixed He-Boulder counters aren't colored in the relay browser (FF v3.6)

slyz

Developer
Not exactly a bug, not exactly a feature, and nothing urgent. I'm just posting this hoping there is a very simple solution.

When I type counters in the gCLI, the major ray counters show up in colored text, but the counters in the relay browser show up without any color. The text associated with the He-Bo image is

<font color=red>Major Red Recharge</font>

I seem to remember having something in red/blue/olive in the relay browser before : I think it was a colored square around the He-Bo image. FF and IE both show it without color.

If there's no simple tweaking that would change it, it's not worth spending more than 5 minutes on it and you can mark this as 'won't fix'. I rarely have more than 2 he-bo counters up, and simply hovering the mouse will tell me which is which if needed anyway.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is it possible that you had a full charpane before with all the color coding, and then you switched to a compact charpane and that's why it's not color coded any more? It sounds like you're using a compact charpane now, and I don't remember ever seeing colors there.

slyz

Developer
I forgot to mention that. I am using a compact charpane. With the full character pane, the name of the counter is written with the correct-colored font. I remember seeing color in the compact pane as well though, when the he-bo counters were implemented. It might just be my memory.

Since this only happens only with a compact charpane, this is even less of a problem. Instead of posting a 'bug', I should have started a thread in the discussion forum to ask if anyone has or remembers having counter icons surrounded by a colored box.

slyz

Developer
Nope, although I do use others. I tried with GM off so that wasn't it.

Does anyone remember seeing color in compact mode ?

jasonharper

Developer
This is sort of slightly fixed in r8312; it's impossible to color the counter name itself in compact mode (the title attribute that is used to create that tooltip doesn't support markup), so I color the text of the turn count instead - but only the parentheses around the count actually get colored, since the count itself is a link. It's a really subtle effect, but I'm afraid it's the best I can do without completely rebuilding the sidepane.