Feature When an item is blocked by familiar, set it as the default 'use' item in the next rou

-nd

There are very few situations where you would want to abandon an item you were trying to use (none that I can think of). I think this is what happens when the NS blocks an item, and it's much more natural than having to select the same thing over and over.

This new version of the forum leaves something to be desired. :(

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure I even understand this request. If the NS or Bonerdagon blocks an item it is GONE. I don't know how a familiar can block an item.

Should this feature be Rejected?

Cait

I think the OP is referring to the Black Cat (And the O.A.F.) with regard to familiars.

EDIT: As to the other confusion, if you try to use (for example) a gauze garter against the NS and she blocks it, if you have more gauze garters then that item remains selected.

I don't know if Mafia currently retains knowledge of an item used but blocked by a Black Cat, and can't test it to verify.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I see. Normally KoL sets the last used item as the default. It is true that when the item use is prevented by Cunctatitis or the Black Cat, that item is not made the default.

This would be a useful feature. Actually, this would be a useful KoL feature, but mafia is not above adding features that could be part of KoL's base functionality.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is this still a concern? I don't recall seeing it against the NS last time I fought- when something is blocked and I still have some they appear as the default item for the next round - and I will probably never have Black Cat in play again unless it using it becomes a challenge path.