Hobopolis, Slime Tube and Sea collection checker

Mr Purple

Following on from some work I did in this thread here:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2916-What-pieces-of-hobopolis-equip-are-you-missing
I have now created three scripts which provide both information and display case handling for collectors / the vaguely curious. Each one in three areas: hobopolis, the slime tube and the sea provides a comprehensive list of items, skills, familiars and trophies that are to be acquired in these areas. It presents this information, for the most part, in the form of a table, divided into sub-areas based on the category of item (normally where or how one acquires that type of item).

It can also do two things with the display case depending on your needs. If you wish to put everything you own from an area into your dc, you can do so. Alternatively, you may wish to put a specific number of each item in, be that 1, 11 or 111. The script will add or remove items depending on what's needed to get you to that goal. If you do not have enough of an item, it will add what you do have.

In order to specify what you wish the script will do, just edit the section at the top that looks like this:

Code:
//Set this to true if you wish for all Sea items in your inventory to be moved to your DC.
boolean dc_everything = false;

//If you would like a specific number of each Sea item to be moved to your DC, specify it here. 
//0 means your DC will remain untouched, as opposed to removing all Sea items.
int qty_to_dc = 0;

It should all be explained within the script. The default setting is always going to be false and 0, which means if you download any of these scripts and do not touch the file, then it is purely informational.

I welcome any suggestions on how to improve these. Enjoy!

HoboNeeds 1.5
Updates:
1.0 - now with update checking!
1.1 - changed the format of the information & split DC amount from everything else
1.2 - majorly trimmed the code, and fixed spelling errors
1.3 - added SotDF, added DC functionality, fixed updates for new website
1.4 - improved DC handling
1.5 - whoops. Forgot a key boss loot. Sorry for that!

SeaNeeds 1.0

SlimeNeeds 1.4
Updates:
1.0 - now with update checking!
1.1 - changed the format of the information & split DC amount from everything else
1.2 - majorly trimmed the code
1.3 - added DC functionality, fixed updates for the new website
1.4 - improved DC handling, added trophy

Attachments

• SeaNeeds.ash
    16.7 KB · Views: 122
  • SlimeNeeds.ash
    9.4 KB · Views: 132
  • HoboNeeds.ash
    21 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

zarqon

Oooh I just downloaded these -- they've come a long way from the ones I had from earlier. I like the new formatting, too.

I do have one formatting change to suggest. For items/skills/etc. that you don't have any of, gray out the item name. This has the added benefit of cleaning up the skills section of HoboNeeds -- instead of writing "You lack the skill <skillname>: you can acquire it by reading <book>", you can just print (in gray): "<skillname> (acquired by reading <book>)".

Mr Purple

Oooh I just downloaded these -- they've come a long way from the ones I had from earlier. I like the new formatting, too.

Thanks for the complement, and I'm glad they're proving of use to some people. I'm quite happy to have finally finished my collection, and I know these have definitely helped.

I do have one formatting change to suggest. For items/skills/etc. that you don't have any of, gray out the item name. This has the added benefit of cleaning up the skills section of HoboNeeds -- instead of writing "You lack the skill <skillname>: you can acquire it by reading <book>", you can just print (in gray): "<skillname> (acquired by reading <book>)".

I will have a look at changing it, but it won't be for a few weeks as I'm busy working on my final-year essays. Once those are done, I'll see what I can add. Thank you for the suggestion!