bug or change?

put_shop(int price, int limit, item toput)
now seems to be
put_shop(int limit, int price, item toput)
would this be an intentional change or a mistake?

I modified the source to switch it back on my system, but constantly changing it every time I update will get kind of annoying so if it is intentional I will just re-write my scripts. I just need to know which is the case.

holatuwol

Developer
That's odd ... I'll test this when I get out of Ronin. Things shouldn't have changed, and the source code I see looks like this:

public ScriptValue put_shop( ScriptVariable price, ScriptVariable limit, ScriptVariable item )
{
DEFAULT_SHELL.executeLine( "mallsell " + item.toStringValue() + " " + price.intValue() + " " + limit.intValue() );
return continueValue();
}

The location of the change was in kolmafiacli.ash

Code:
private void executeAutoMallRequest( String parameters )
	{
		String [] tokens = parameters.split( " " );
		StringBuffer itemName = new StringBuffer();

itemName.append( '*' );
		for ( int i = 0; i < tokens.length - 2; ++i )
		{
			itemName.append( ' ' );
			itemName.append( tokens[i] );
		}

AdventureResult firstMatch = getFirstMatchingItem( itemName.toString() );
		if ( firstMatch == null )
			return;

StaticEntity.getClient().makeRequest( new AutoSellRequest( StaticEntity.getClient(), firstMatch,
			StaticEntity.parseInt( tokens[ tokens.length - 2 ] ), StaticEntity.parseInt( tokens[ tokens.length - 1 ] ) ) );
	}

I changed the last command in the function to:
Code:
StaticEntity.getClient().makeRequest( new AutoSellRequest( StaticEntity.getClient(), firstMatch,
			StaticEntity.parseInt( tokens[ tokens.length - 1 ] ), StaticEntity.parseInt( tokens[ tokens.length - 2 ] ) ) );

for those who aren't familiar with the code and reading this the reason I came to that function from where Holatuwol started was:

Code:
if ( command.equals( "mallsell" ) || command.equals( "automall" ) )
		{
			executeAutoMallRequest( parameters );
			return;
		}
in the function public void executeLine( String line ) contained also in kolmafiacli.java

I came to the conclusion that this was the problem because the parameters were also reversed for the cli equivelent command mallsell. I may be wrong though because I assume that other areas of kolmafia use the executeAutoMallRequest function. If so I would have to check them on my home built copy to see if they function as desired. I have not traced all calls to executeline with mallsell as a partial parameter so I'm just not sure which areas make use of the function in question.

holatuwol

Developer
The current source shouldn't contain any references to StaticEntity.getClient() at all (that was one of the big major changes that went into 9.2), and the -2 followed by -1 is correct (second from the last token corresponds to price, then the last token corresponds to the limit).  Where are you getting the source code?

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=467.msg2302#msg2302 date=1159500803]
Where are you getting the source code?
[/quote]

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kolmafia

I should be using source from before 9.2 was released but after 9.1 was released. I just d-loaded the source for revision 1778, and will give it a test run.

Test run complete. I hit an infinite loop:

Session timed out.
Sending login request...
Next login attempt in 1 second...
Validating login server...
Redirected to www.kingdomofloathing.com...
and start all over again.

never exits this loop. I see others saying the same, and just tried d-loading the precompiled public release of the jar. Same thing but 1 minute 15 second delay instead of 1 second. I also saw at least 1 other in the main forums saying that the parameters for mallsell and shop_put are reversed.