AcquireTape for faster duct tape gathering

Youthful Corpse

I've put together a little script (my first attempt at ASH) to take advantage of a quick and dirty way to collect pieces of duct tape. The trick is to use divine crackers on the ducks until you get something, then use a popper to scare away the duck, then repeat on a fresh duck. With enough crackers and poppers, you can collect as much tape as you want in a day. My script automates the purchasing of favors if necessary -- the prerequisites per duck encounter being 1 popper and 30 crackers -- and encountering ducks until the desired number of pieces have been acquired.

Before running this script, make sure you remove any effects that deal damage in combat. Don't have a familiar that attacks active. Accidentally killing 10 ducks will end your collecting for the day.

Enjoy everyone! I appreciate any feedback you have.

Technical note: The script will always use a popper if an item drops after using a cracker, regardless of what the item is. I have not been able to get two items using crackers from a single monster, so it's best to not waste any more crackers after the first drop.

Attachments

• AcquireTape.ash
    1.5 KB · Views: 95

Nifft

If you still have several pieces of tape to collect, and see an obese duck, why not olfact it, since you'll have a better chance of snagging tape and not [other item] with your cracker?