Your Spice Loop Scripts

holatuwol

Developer
Okay, I received a message from Multi Czar asking me to change KoLmafia so that it buys all your gum at the beginning of a bulk set of adventures.  The thing is, KoLmafia already does this.  Therefore, spice loop scripts which buy one gum at a time are what are at fault.

Update: In order to address this issue and to encourage people to switch, starting with the release of v9.0, KoLmafia will have a "spiceloop #" command available from the CLI. This command will result in KoLmafia running the infamous spice loop for the given number of turns. If you type "spiceloop *", it will run the spice loop for all available adventures.

macman104

Wow, that's crazy, I had no idea that people were runnin' loops enough to cause Multi Czar to contact you. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort or possible, but is it possible to simply detect certain features of a spice loop script, and make it give a warning. I'd hate for mafia to get bad press because a few users either a) don't get notice of the warning, or b) decide they're above it, and continue using they're scripts, possibly threatening further mafia use for everyone.

I realize it's maybe a little over paranoid, but I'd hate to see issues arise.