Bugs and the reporting thereof

M

Metraxis

Having gone through the policy on using Dailies (which I do) and the pre-procedures for digging through Subversion (which I have) in the case of a discovered bug (which I also have), I'm not quite sure about the next step. Which forum does the following gem properly belong in?

General:Non-Combat areas are inaccessible in 1628+

Specific:In Daily Build 1628, when attempting to visit in a non-combat area (Unlucky Sewer, Moxie Vacation) via the CLI, the message "You can't hit anything there." is printed and the adventures are not used. No mention of a fix for this appears in the Subversion log as of version 1646.

holatuwol

Developer
Thanks for reading through all the logs, before making your post.  Bug reports can theoretically be posted anywhere, including the main forums or here, as I visit both locations a lot and usually see every bug report that comes in no matter where it's posted.  I will reply as long as I understand what you're saying, and/or I can duplicate your problem.

As for your report, the non-combat areas bug was fixed in revision 1633, with the cryptic log message. "If combat data is zero, do not add to map".  Yeah, my fault this time for not giving a good log message for that one.  Once again, thanks for reading the logs, and this issue has been fixed and will be available in the next release ... which is almost ready, except for a problem in dealing with the still.