Item from Description Number

Nightmist

Just wondering if there is currently a inbuilt "This item description number == this item". Where you put in the description number and it pops out the item//item number?

macman104

[quote author=Nightmist link=topic=448.msg2217#msg2217 date=1158733492]
Just wondering if there is currently a inbuilt "This item description number == this item". Where you put in the description number and it pops out the item//item number?
[/quote]I know that the information exists in the itemsdesc.dat file. And actually it is a tab delimited file with
Code:
<item #> <tab> <desc number> <tab> <item name>
So actually you could probably fairly easily import it into a map.

Nightmist

Heh I was actually meaning like a ASH command and I would just make my own map if I was going to use a whole item table map ;) But fair point, I guess im stuck with using huge map's then xD (Just needed this for kmail recognition, since some items have funny plurals directly using the text in the HTML wasnt going to work, the pictures are sometimes the same so that doesnt work either, so I'm left with the item desc links which hopefully work...)
Thanks for the help though ^^.

PS. Wow that layout in the itemsdesc.dat is lucky (the whole having the item name as the last thing)