V. 8.8 Bug?

I just downloaded Mafia 8.8... And then i went to run a script i just made. How come the tab isn't their with all of my scripts? How do i run a script now?

Oh sorry about the CAPs... I pressed it for another site and didn't even think about it. Or notice it....Sorry its not a demand i'm just wondering how to use my scripts since the usual thing ins't their...

exdeath

You can change the tabs on the login part of KoLmafia. (Under the display tab I think) If that's not what you mean, then maybe you should put a screenshot to show.

Lauki

In your KOL Mafia settings folder look for "prefs_GLOBAL" inside find
"scriptButtonPosition=0" Change the 0 to 1

Hope this helps,
Good Luck

I've just found this problem myself... well not technically.  My faince went to load up the newest mafia (9.2) and is missing the script button from the menubar.  It's not even the toolbar that is having trouble.   We're trying to find the source of the problem, or atleast figure out why it shows up for me and not her right now.   I did nothing different from her during install except that I have a scripts folder that is currently having problems.  I can't delete it because I'm being told it's in use but it's not.  I'm not going to resolve this for now because it may be helping me at the moment.   All those preferences mentioned before a fine for adding scripts to the toolbar, but they don't restore the button to the menubar.

*UPDATE* putting a script in the folder seems to have fixed it on her computer for now, but I don't like this fix - it's not solid enough to make me sleep at night ;-)

*UPDATE* Checking the release notes on the kol forums yielded this quote from holatuwol:
itamaram wrote:
Now I am probably missing something rediculously trivial, but where did the "script" menu went to?

It disappears, unless you create a "scripts" folder and put at least one script (or one directory) there.