goals while auto-adventuring

Spiny

I was using my llama and automating and I'd set my goals to +3 gong as I'd already gotten 2 today. I didn't get all 3 by the time I finished with ducks so I headed to castle where I needed 2 more gongs. I noticed that after mafia obtained the remaining 2 gongs that I requested that adventuring continued onward with mafia having switched the goals to the default furry fur, etc. I was keeping my eye on things so I stopped the adventuring. I was thinking about this and I'm pretty sure that there are times where such auto-switching of goals is convenient, while other times it is not. For example someone wanting only to set a goal of seeking +1 flange just to see how many clockwork keys they may obtain in the same time period (to determine whether to buy the key or continue to farm for it based on available adventures). As it is, I believe that once that flange is obtained, mafia will switch goals to some other default goal rather than abort upon having that goal met. Again, I realize for some things that the auto-goal switching may be better than having an abort and I also realize that perhaps I'm missing something ridiculously simple. Can someone please tell me what that simple thing I'm missing is? :)

Thanks

zarqon

This is only an issue when changing locations in the auto-adventuring GUI. When you select a zone in the combo box, mafia will automatically switch your goals to the first default option and you will lose whatever goals were previously in the goals box. If you only adventure in one location, or adventure somewhere else via ASH or CLI commands, this won't happen.

But now that you bring this up, I'm a little curious whether set_location(), which also changes the GUI, will reset your goals. Hmmm.

Bale

Minion
I thought that was such an interesting question that I tested it out. Yup. set_location() does reset goals. Right after typing ash set_location($location[airship]), my "Conditions left" box went blank.

I'd say that's a feature, not a bug. Generally whenever you move to a new location your old goals are irrelevant.

Spiny

Hrmm... I'll have to see if I can duplicate what I think occurred. It is possible I mingled some manual adventuring in between leading me to believe the +2 gong goal remained in place in which case this thread is moot. I won't be able to try to duplicate till after an upcoming hamster run, so for now please disregard and assume that I just did something silly. Thanks :)

Edit: Finally got a llama on another account :D I clearly wasn't recalling something correctly when I made this thread, please disregard. I did have to reset goals when I switched locations and adventuring stopped after meeting that goal, so I must have overlooked something when I attempted this the other day. All is well, don't mind me ;)

Edit 2: Well, thinking about it... I'll have to test this on another day, again, when I don't have a bounty active for the castle o_O

Last edited: