Bug Reporting

peterbones

So far the only thing I've been able to find about bug reporting points to the KoLmafia thread on the kingdom's official forums. The sourceforge bug tracker seems to be not particularly used. Is there any other way to report bugs?

I'm not a developer, so I don't know what exactly they like/dislike as far as bug reporting. I do know that as a user I'd rather not read through the last several pages of a 125 page thread in order to find out if a bug has been reported/fixed. When something minor goes wrong I feel discouraged from reporting it because I don't want to have to skim 100 comments about 'how do I use the CLI' or whatnot to see if it's already been addressed.

Anywho, it's possible this is only bugging me, and if so I will quit my whining. But considering that both mafia and KoL seem to be changing more rapidly now than ever, bugs are bound to abound.

macman104

Not formally. Bug reporting is still open to those who sign up for an account, however, anonymous bug reporting has been disabled. I understand you don't like to skim through several pages, but think, if everyone did skim through it, I imagine it'd be much shorter. If you even do just a search for keywords or something, to try and reduce the double reporting, it helps.

Someone tossed around an idea of maintaining a list of bugs reported in the mafia thread, however, someone with enough time to devot to that has yet to step up, so yea.

If you have access to the dev forums, then they're usually commented on there. Other than that, yea, that's about it.

holatuwol

Developer
So far the only thing I've been able to find about bug reporting points to the KoLmafia thread on the kingdom's official forums.  The sourceforge bug tracker seems to be not particularly used.  Is there any other way to report bugs?

We read through most everything on the Sourceforge bug tracker, so if you'd rather not read anything, I recommend posting your bug reports there.  Bugs posted to the Sourceforge tracker are only closed if they are completely bogus, or at release time if they are fixed.  If they are fixed before then, we will usually try to reply so you can check on the status of your bug there.