shore.php - Don't take shore trips if you haven't bought the documents

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
After taking a shore trip without first buying the forged documents, I decided I never want to make that mistake again, so I made this script. It checks to see if you are level 11 or 12, and if you don't have forged documents in your inventory. If that's true, the submit button for shoring is removed from the page.

Edit: Bale made some nice improvements to the script in this post.

Attachments

• shore.ash
    324 bytes · Views: 198
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I also made that mistake once. Seriously sucks to waste 3 adventures with a single click.

Bale

Minion
That hurts even more.

Somehow whenever I finish up to 10 turns over my turncount I can always think of that many turns that were wasted due to stupidity or carelessness.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I seem to be having weird issues now that I'm running this script, in the form of taking two shore trips from a single click. Mafia is logging the trips with the same turn counter. I suppose I might be double-clicking the button or something, but twice in a row, on different days, doing that seems unlikely. I'll have to do more testing later (because I can't see how this script could possibly cause that), so for now I'll just say to use at your own risk.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I finally looked at the script again and recognized my own stupidity. And this time I tested the script before reattaching it.

Bale

Minion
I've been using this script for some time. Since then I've made a modification to inform the user about what shore items he is lacking, but might need. I thought it might be of interest to others.

If you have a full telescope, then it knows which one you need. I believe that this will also work for people who don't have a full telescope, but have not tested that function. If you don't have a telescope, it should tell you about all the shore tower items you lack. Let me know if it actually works.

If you have access to the mall (outside of hardcore and ronin), it won't do anything since it knows you aren't at all worried about the tower items.

Attachments

• shore.ash
    1.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Thanks Lost, I have been using Bale's version for some time (the spoilers are nice), and never had forgotten the documents until today =)

slyz

Developer
Just a little change for people in Bad Moon who have a full telescope. Simply change line 21
PHP:
if(get_property("telescopeUpgrades") == "7")
to
PHP:
if(get_property("telescopeUpgrades") == "7" && !in_bad_moon())