Quest Status Check

cjswimmer

I've been trying to build a set of functions to enable someone to check the status of any of the quests in the game.  I've been using the visit_url() function along with the contains_text() function to try and check out the campground quest log pages, but I'm running into a problem because in order to search both the completed and current quests the URL needs to have a ? in it which apparently gets stripped out from the URL parameter to visit_url().  Here are the two URLs I need to parse:

Current Quest Log URL: "questlog.php?which=1"
Completed Quest Log URL: "questlog.php?which=2"

I've attached my unfinished script to this post.  A lot of the statements are still in comment/pseudocode form, but it should be finished enough to test any of the main quests listed in the ash map at the top of the script.

Attachments

• QuestCheck.ash
    8.4 KB · Views: 115

arrggg

can you use the hex code for a '?'
I've seen URL with spaces turned into '%20' and I think thats the hex code for a space (But I could be Waaaay off.)

Tirian

This is a kludge, but it'll get you back on the road until the developers see your report.

Code:
cli_execute("questlog.php?which=1");
string current_quests = visit_url("questlog.php");
cli_execute("questlog.php?which=2");
string completed_quests = visit_url("questlog.php");

cjswimmer

That worked, thanks! I have an option in my script to only request a refresh of the HTML when its blank, so I'll make sure I use that to keep the server hits low. I should be able to finish the rest of the subquest checking over the next couple of days.