Rinn's Quest Scripts

Rinn

Developer
Not to bogart dj_d's ascend.ash, but I've had a number of quest scripts lying around that I wrote concurrently for my own personal needs without ever having seen any version of ascend.ash. I've used the various iterations of these scripts to ascend at least 50 times (albeit softcore with like a billion skills and mr. a items) and at the very least the scripts should be able to help people in writing their own scripts for future content. Since as soon as I enter the gash I'll be perming my final softcore skill I've decided to release these scripts.

I'll welcome bug reports and reports of odd behavior, but if you want serious tech support you should be paying dj_d for ascend.ash. I program for a living and I can only take so much of it at a time as a hobby as well.

READ THE COMMENTS IN QUESTLIB.ASH FIRST.
I don't use zlib because a majority of these scripts were written before zlib was released.

SCRIPTS CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8vp0iacmjpvui2

Relevent Files:
~READ QUESTLIB.ASH FIRST.TXT
Artist.ash
Dinghy.ash
Doc Galaktik.ash
Find Adventure.ash
Future.ash
Hidden City.ash
Hyboria.ash
Level 1.ash
Level 10.ash
Level 11.ash
Level 13.ash
Level 2.ash
Level 3.ash
Level 4.ash
Level 5.ash
Level 6.ash
Level 7.ash
Level 8.ash
Level 9.ash
Meatcar.ash
Pirate.ash
QuestLib.ash
Quests.ash
Spookyraven Upstairs.ash
Spookyraven.ash
Unlock DoD.ash
Unlock Gallery.ash
Unlock Temple.ash
Untinker.ash
Wizard of Ego.ash

Attachments

• quests.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,566
Last edited:

kain

Likewise, it's always enjoyable to explore how someone else solved a problem :) Thanks

--edit to add--

Oooh, hyboria and future quest scripts! Thanks again!

Last edited:

codster62

Good job rinn, and congrats on your ascension record. My character coolbufferbot is working on em, but I am slow. Even with Dj_d's auto-ascension script, I am mainly just trying to get my own Mr. A items for speed ascending. :) Anyways, I am gonna look through these, and use them most likely as well...

DaMaster0

Why do you have to have a Baby Sandworm for almost all of your scripts?

EDIT: nvm, just turn use_familiars off, but I still think you should avoid using familiars that need a mr. a to purchase.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
Because that's the familiar I was using, if you wanted to use a different familiar you can just change what familiar it's changing to in questlib.ash.

Last edited:
Doc galaktik

Found a little something in the doc galaktik quest. It always said it was completed for me even when it was unaccepted. I changed a little bit and it dosen't do that anymore.

Code:
visit_url("Galaktik.php");
visit_url("Galaktik.php?pwd&action=startquest");

changed to:

Code:
visit_url("galaktik.php");
visit_url("galaktik.php?action=startquest&pwd");

Hoaxmetal

> call scripts\quests\Level 13.ash

Council of Loathing

Be strong, Adventurer! You must defeat the Naughty Sorceress! You'll find her Lair just east of the Nearby Plains.
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Conditions list cleared.
Server www4.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from lair2.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

Ethelred

I was beginning to get a little tired of the Hyboria and Future quests, so I though I'd give your scripts a try when I saw them. The Hyboria quest worked flawlessly. Thank you very much for that. For some reason, I can only get through that one by following the spoiler step by tedious step.

I had some issues with the Future Quest though. It didn't seem to reuse empty agua bottles the way the Hyboria quest did, so I had to keep restarting the script every 10 turns. Futhermore, it doesn't seem to handle the essence dropping monsters properly. Is there some kind of ccs I need to do that? After getting only 1 essence in about 30 turns, I did the rest by hand and then tried the script again. This time it failed to get the essence of cute, but that could have been because there weren't enough turns left of my empty agua bottle. Did I leave something necessary out or is this the way the script is intended to work?

Copmparing the Hyboria and the Future scripts, I think I can see how one would add the code to use additional agua bottles as necessary. If you don't plan any doing any more work to that, I may have a go at it. But I'm in the dark as to how to go about prolonging the fight with the essence dropping monsters until they drop the essence.

Thanks again for the scripts. It was very educational to see how you structured them.

Tarko

Am I the only one where this (wonderfull) script seems to be broken now @ the hidden city?

Im guessing a problem between this script and zlib/FtF/SS...

Bale

Minion
It is always helpful if you take the time to post an explanation of what the "broken" behavior is. Did you get an error message? What was the last thing it did? What did you expect it to do next?

Tarko

It will have to wait next Ascension for a perfect transcript, but for what I can describe:

It started a combat; round 1, round 2 and then red error saying "you are (already) in combat"
(might or might not have had the 'already')

or something along these lines; the script would abort at this time.

My guess is that two script are trying to identify the orbs and it causes an error.

I'll post the exact transcript in a few days, if it stills gives me the error.

Rinn

Developer
That script was written before mafia has support to adventure in the hidden city, I think I fixed the issue you're having locally but I don't recall the exact edit I made.

Tarko

[717] Hidden City (Square 5)
Encounter: boaraffe
Round 0: tarko wins initiative!
Round 1: tarko casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Encounter: boaraffe
Round 0: tarko loses initiative!
You're still in the middle of a combat!

Seems to be linked with being beaten up:

[731] Hidden City (Square 22)
Encounter: pygmy blowgunner
You lose 39 hit points <------- That's where I die, because the script don't let me heal.
spheres : 3
altars and temple all found!
altars : 4
exploring square : 22

[732] Hidden City (Square 23)
Encounter: The Hidden City

KoLmafia declares world peace.

> restore hp

<Heal stuff, Thanks Bale!>

> call scripts/Quest/Level 11.ash <----- Thanks Rinn!

<council text>

Encounter: Sometimes a Cigar...
You gain 25 Enchantedness
exploring square : 23

[733] Hidden City (Square 24)
Encounter: ancient protector spirit
Round 0: tarko wins initiative!
Round 1: tarko casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 1: ancient protector spirit takes 11 damage.
Encounter: ancient protector spirit
You're still in the middle of a combat!

I hope this help.
Now Im sure it's linked with the fact I've got knocked-out.

Bale

Minion
Putting aside the problems with this script, I use a variant of zarqon's script to do the hidden city. I believe it properly heals and maintain moods.

Here's my local variation.

Attachments

• HiddenCity.ash
    4.1 KB · Views: 83

Tarko

A other bug: In the Future.ash, it always seems to fail to acquire essence of heat and kink.

Am I the only one with this issue?

I've looked at the code, and I don't see why it wouldn't work, as it works for all the other 3.

Anyone with the same issue?