Odd request? Raffles

Kaotac

I was wondering if anyone could perhaps make a rafflebot script?
I'm not totally sure how the scripting works, but can it detect things happen in Chat, and send things to chat?
Something that would put the prize into your mall at 99999999, tell the /games channel that you're starting a raffle, take meat for tickets via mail (numbering each one), and when the specified number of tickets are sold, it gets Chatbot to roll, and then gets the prize from the mall and mails it.
I'm not sure all that is possible via Mafia or not, but I really miss Rafflebot.
p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

macman104

As far as I know, this is not possible through mafia, unless you modified your own mafia source. The best place to start is with Fnord7's KoLBot Library. There's a link on coldfront somewhere, under utilities maybe?

Tirian

Nor are they likely to be added, I suspect. There are already too many players who talk in chat without listening. :) Given Holatuwol's strong commitment to good citizenship I suspect he would be dead-set against providing tools to create more.

I agree with macman104 that this sounds like the sort of application that KoLBot was designed for.

Kaotac

To be honest, I was hoping that only one bot would be run, perhaps by Otori Clan. I wouldn't have wanted to run one myself for various reasons (slow connection, not able to stay online indefinetly)
Does anyone know what happened to the person who ran the old Rafflebot?