summoning pastamancer ghosts in CCS

A friend of mine is trying to do this in ccs, he has autoattack off.
0: summon ghost
or
1: summon ghost

although he sees (summon pastamancer ghost) after he clicks save on the script,
he says he is only seeing attacks, even if he wins inititiative.

So is the script writing done correctly here, or is this a bug?

Bale

Minion
It is possible that your friend has commited one of the cardinal Oopsies of using a ccs. Tell him to make certain he's selected "custom combat script" from the drop-down box instead of "attack". Unless he does that it doesn't matter what his ccs says to do.

If he has, then does it say that he's using the ccs in his session log? It should say which ccs he is using every single time he gets in a fight.

Finally if everything else checks out, please ask him to copy-paste his ccs here.

Last edited:

tcluny

I've had the same problem described so I thought I'd show you my CCS:
I've tried:
[ default ]
1: summon ghost
2: skill entangling noodles
3: skill cannelloni
8: attack
(Mafia fills it in correctly as "summon pastamancer ghost" when saving, though the error persists even if I type the entire thing out)

and this is what I get:
[4353] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Goth Giant
Strategy: C:\KoL Mafia\ccs\pmghost.ccs [default]
Round 0: tcluny wins initiative!
Round 1: tcluny attacks!
Round 2: tcluny attacks!
Round 3: tcluny uses the unrefined Mountain Stream syrup!
You gain 55 Mana Points
Round 4: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 5: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
You gain 654 Meat
You acquire an item: Warm Subject gift certificate
You acquire an item: awful poetry journal
You gain 13 Beefiness
You gain 26 Mysteriousness
You gain 10 Sarcasm

I've also tried:
[ default ]
1: skill entangling noodles
2: skill cannelloni
8: attack

with similar results:
[4354] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Procrastination Giant
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\R. Trent\My Documents\KoL\KoL Mafia\ccs\pmghost.ccs [default]
Round 0: tcluny wins initiative!
Round 1: tcluny attacks!
Round 2: tcluny casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 4: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 5: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 6: tcluny uses the unrefined Mountain Stream syrup!
You gain 60 Mana Points
Round 7: tcluny casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
You gain 549 Meat
You acquire an item: procrastination potion
You gain 13 Beefiness
You gain 26 Magicalness
You gain 10 Chutzpah

I run CCS almost constantly when using mafia, so I know I am set to use CCS in the drop box. Am I doing something else wrong?

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Oops, it normalizes what you type as "summon pastamancer ghost" - and then only accepts "summon ghost" to actually perform that action. Fixed in r7371.

tcluny

Thanks for the quick fix!
If it's not too hard to fix, I believe I had similar problems with the CCS defaulting to attack when typing:

[ default ]
1: pickpo
2: attack with weapon

or

[ default ]
0: steal
1: steal
2: attack

with the action going straight to an attack but I am not currently a moxie class so I can't test it myself... I guess the lesson learned is to just type everything out...

Thanks again!

jasonharper

Developer
I'm not sure what the problem with those would have been, anything containing "steal" or "pick" should have parsed as a pickpocket.

Note that this is a command that mafia will skip if it doesn't think the conditions are suitable: the monster has to have at least one known item drop, with less than 100% adjusted drop rate. It will be skipped anyway, if you're very likely to take a hit, and the item isn't one of your adventuring goals. Could the problem have been something like this?

tcluny

The details are hazy, though I believe it was happening on my last aftercore jaunt in the castle. In that case, I don't think there was anything to prevent pickpocket from occurring, though I was previously unaware of the conditions for mafia to attempt to pickpocket... I'll check again the next time I go through as a moxie class.

chown

ccs pickpocket

I have tried to do something like the following in the past:

[ bookbat ]
1: try to steal
2: try to run away

This can be useful if I have unused free runs from a navel ring, e.g.. There could also be times when the player can get the jump on a monster, but not be able to defeat it. A similar script might be appropriate in that case. However, I was a bit surprised to find that the above script did not work as intended. If I understand correctly, the problem may have been that my item drop bonuses already guaranteed that the item would drop at the end of combat.

It seems to me that skipping the pickpocket attempt is not always desirable. This clearly isn't a big deal, and now that I know what is going on, I can probably just make a consult script that forces the pickpocket. Nevertheless, it might be useful to have a version of "try to steal" that does not perform the drop rate check.

- chown