Anyone have a working Supertinkering script?

Wolfie

im just curious if anyone has scripted anything for supertinkering since every couple acsensions i go moxie so i can bulk up on clockwork maids, bartenders and chefs yet lately it doesnt seem like mafia notices or allows for super tinkering i even went back in versions to 7.2 and none show anything in the create tab for clockwork items. if anyone has a script they can share please post or drop me a pm :)
Thanks in advance
Wolfie

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You shouldn't need a script. Nothing has changed and KoLmafia should be able to supertinker things for you perfectly well. I just did a test.

I have a moxie sign character. I pulled 10 cogs, 7 flanges, 10 springs, and 10 sprockets from the clan stash. The Create pane says I can make 5 clockwork claws, 3 clockwork clockwise domes, 5 clockwork counterclockwise domes, and on and on and on.

Now, of course, if I put my bitchin' meatcar in my closet, none of those show up anymore since I can no longer get to the beach.

If KoLmafia doesn't show you supertinkering items, you are in a moxie sign, and you have a meatcar, then that's a bug. One that I can't reproduce.

Wolfie

Thank you Veracity for the reply i figured it out i did have my meatcar in my pack and i did have access to the beach so just to test what i did was put the meatcar in my closet then put it back in my pack and did a refresh and it all showed up so my guess is for some reason or another it wasnt realizing that i had a meatcar in my pack and actually what was weird and may be part of the cause was i had 5 meatcars in my pack which i think was because i had conditionally buying on and when i went to goto the beach it baught and made a ton of em (in vers 7.9 i think it was) i actually had to close mafia and restart it so it would stop makin them. anyhow sorry for the rambling but thanks for throwing the idea into my head of moving the car back and forth :) i kinda knew i could make a bunch of each after everything kicked in i had enough supplies for about 50 of each clockwork maid/bartender/chef :)
Thanks again
Wolfie

Just a side note...

I thought we weren't supposed to be able to closet our quest items anymore?

Has this changed, and I wasn't aware of any statement regarding it?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Presto Ragu link=topic=225.msg1125#msg1125 date=1150565043][/quote]
You know something - you are right. My test involved closeting the meatcar, KoLmafia didn't complain (but removed it from inventory) and, sure enough, the supertinkering recipes were not available.

I suspect that KoLmafia doesn't notice that it failed to move the meatcar into the closet. After all, it didn't to be possible for that to fail. That's now a bug - caused by a server-side change. :)

This makes me think that the OP's bug report is Yet Another Instance of KoLmafia not recognizing Quest items. So: get the latest daily build or wait until 8.1 and voila! supertinkering should be reliable for you again.