A few questions on acsending

Wolfie

well didnt know where else to put this so figured hrmm general hrmm ok so ill put it here if im in the wrong for it being here sorry admins it wont happen again!

anyhow this will be the first time ive acsended all i have to do is break the prism to continue. ive read a ton of different faqs tuts on accension but a few questions are never answered!

im gonna do a norm acsension for my first time around now im wondering if i accend under a moxie sign do i get to keep the skills i learn from the gnome camp and access to it when i acsend again? or does it all dissipate into nothingness at the next acsension?

is it wise to accend same class a couple times till all skills are retained?

should i take my hovering sombrero to gain stats faster or my fairy for more item drops?

if i take a voluntary path like teetoler the next time i acsend do i still keep the "stomach of steel"(probably wrong name) skill as a permanent or does that dissipate as well?

any other small non mentioned things that i should probably know but never seemingly gets listed anywhere aka common noob goofs?

thanks in advance for any help/suggestions and again sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread!

[quote author=Wolfie link=topic=142.msg685#msg685 date=1146806214]
im gonna do a norm acsension for my first time around now im wondering if i accend under a moxie sign do i get to keep the skills i learn from the gnome camp and access to it when i acsend again? or does it all dissipate into nothingness at the next acsension?[/quote]

The gnome skills are just like any other skill. You will only keep the one (skill) you select after you ascend again. So you either have to choose a gnome skill (and any others will vanish), or select any other skill (in which case all gnome skills will vanish.)

is it wise to accend same class a couple times till all skills are retained?[/quote]

Yes and no... It really depends on personal preference. Although, many will say that no class has a skill list that is is essential to know them all. So even if you stick to the same class for a few ascensions, you should not feel obligated to stick with it until you have learned all the skills.

should i take my hovering sombrero to gain stats faster or my fairy for more item drops?[/quote]

Again, personal preference. I will say this, at lower levels you are better off with a Volleyball instead of a sombrero. (I personally kept my Ghuol Whelp, until the Wild Hare came out. I still feel horrible for leaving Meat Sauce behind now...)

if i take a voluntary path like teetoler the next time i acsend do i still keep the "stomach of steel"(probably wrong name) skill as a permanent or does that dissipate as well?[/quote]

All "of steel" skills disappear after every ascension. There is no way around this (that I am aware of).

any other small non mentioned things that i should probably know but never seemingly gets listed anywhere aka common noob goofs?[/quote]

Always watch out for the Pirates Cove in disguise. There is an adventure there that can give you 2 Drunkenness. It gets me nearly every ascension.

Nightmist

Can you perm the gnome skills (But you only keep the skill if you perm it).
The moxie sign area disappears when you stop being a moxie sign.

You can choose to ascend the same class if you want. Most people pick their classes based on the boosts the SS or Plexi item they get next ascension (But since you are ascending for the first time its not really relevant)

I personally say get a volleyball unless you have some kind of massed ML+ somewhere.

The "Something of steel" skills can never be permed.

If you ever plan to do hardcore, do it as soon as possible, doing a softcore run pretty much gives no advantage apart from maybe the one pate//air//wiskey if you path the softcore and that gem (Which in the end is useless apart from autosell if your not a under a myst sign).

Edit: Hahah so beaten to it, *Curses Presto* :p

Wolfie

thank you both kindly for the input now my last question before i acsend do i need to equip the familiar i want to acsend with or do i get to choose at time of acsension?

Wolfie

thanks all for the help/answers i did a softcore acsension managed to make lvl 5 so far hopefully i'll be able to get back around where i was (approx 100 base in each stat) within a couple days i made sure to have enough chow meins to get through ronin and then some so all should go well :)
Wolfie

macman104

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=142.msg693#msg693 date=1146828918]Also, this is sort of an insult to KoLmafia but also one that I think the overseers would approve of. If you were already using Mafia before your first ascension was over, I hope that you are at least using the minibrowser to get a solid dose of Jick's quirky style and all. Paying the game with an automated client and without is like the difference between taking a 50-mile trip along a sea coast by limosine and by bicycle. You're cheating yourself if you don't expose yourself to both.[/quote]One, I don't think that's an insult to mafia at all. In fact, I've taken it to be holatuwol's feeling that not enjoying the content is part of the reason he doesn't make it possible to determine holidays and such. Scripting everything defeats the purpose of seeing the game. And originally you couldn't defeat use the sorceress script unless you had already ascended, however that's been changed. I personally, use the relay or before that, the actual browser to adventure, and I use mafia more for item management, and handling of multi's that I care not as much about. Definately, play the game first-hand, you're cheating yourself if you don't.

Wolfie

yeah i do play it first hand about the only thing i use mafia for is item management/creation, purchasing buffs, and farming on days when my work schedule is hectic other than that all questing etc i do manually either through a browser or the mini browser :) and i definately agree the game is one to experience first hand a few times around :)

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=142.msg693#msg693 date=1146828918]
I think that the reason you were having trouble finding the right board for this thread is because it belongs back at the main KoL forums. :p[/quote]

I do not think sending our members off to another board is a good way to promote community heath here...

That may read as bitchier than I intended... After a hard week at work I am in a constant sour mood. And this week has been a hard week. ;)