A few bugs...

johnnyrichter

I searched this forum and the thread on KoL forum...either I didn't find info regarding these bugs, or I found bugs like these from like 2 years ago.

Anyways, here's the list;

1. The most important to me, meat drop percentage is NOT correct at all. Kol-Mafia says I have 303.33% meat drop percentage when I manually added and got 385.25%. My math may be .??% off, but I know I have 385.??%. I'm not exactly sure which item/skill/buff bonuses it's not adding. My item drop percentage was off as well...but I didn't look too far in to this to get exact numbers, because I really don't pay too much attention to it anyways. With meat drop percentage...I tried taking away items and buffs, re-adding them...it's never correctly displayed on the main interface. Having this fixed would be awesome, because a lot of us meat/item-farmers like knowing our exact percentages without having to add it all up manually each time.

2. On kol-mafia chat, in /newbie and listening to /clan, typing " /msg user whatever " will sometimes cause the message to be sent to /newbie as if you intentionally did that. Can potentially be embarrassing, or even lead to a ban. I myself have almost been victim of a ban several times over this happening...so now I just "left click to open blue message", better safe than sorry.

3. Using item manager to consume food/booze/spleen items. Occasionally when I consume booze(3 maes west, 1 martini) it says I am less drunk than I really am...and then upon opening relay, it stills says I am less drunk than I really am. Refreshing will not fix this...I either have to spend an adventure which only sometimes corrects it, or reboot mafia. I over-drank many times before realizing it was mafia and not me, and now I make sure to baby-sit it while it's auto-consuming.

4. Some chat lag during auto-adventure. My net connection is an average 300kbps down with speed bursts up to 2.4mbps, so chat shouldn't be lagging near as bad as it has been. This may just be a problem I'm having, maybe not, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

5. Any action on mafia interface results in "Request Complete" being displayed in any chat tab you have open, for me its /newbie and /clan. Not a big deal, but it gets annoying if I'm executing multiple functions in a short period of time.

Now, of all these bugs I've listed...I'd be happy forever if #1 was addressed and repaired. #s 2 and 3 only occur occasionally...so maybe it's just a "burp" and not an actual problem. #3 might just be something on my end...

Thanks for reading!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=johnnyrichter link=topic=1600.msg7499#msg7499 date=1204883935]
1.  The most important to me, meat drop percentage is NOT correct at all.  Kol-Mafia says I have 303.33% meat drop percentage when I manually added and got 385.25%.  My math may be .??% off, but I know I have 385.??%.  I'm not exactly sure which item/skill/buff bonuses it's not adding.  My item drop percentage was off as well...but I didn't look too far in to this to get exact numbers, because I really don't pay too much attention to it anyways.  With meat drop percentage...I tried taking away items and buffs, re-adding them...it's never correctly displayed on the main interface.  Having this fixed would be awesome, because a lot of us meat/item-farmers like knowing our exact percentages without having to add it all up manually each time.[/quote]
It's certainly possible we have incorrect percentages for this or that item, familiar, effect, etc.
However, we're not psychic, and can't change things that we don't know about.

My first question: are you running a recent daily build that correctly reads equipment? If not, obviously KoLmafia will not add in meat drop percentages from your equipment.

If the Gear Changer does not show most of your equipment, update, and see if you like the meat drop percentage better.

If you ARE running a version that accommodates the recent KoL change, then I say this:

Post all of your equipment, effects, familiar, etc and explain what you think the meat drop % is for each of them. I will then look at what KoLmafia does with each of those items and will correct any errors. Ditto for item drop %, since you claim that is off, too.

Thanks.

holatuwol

Developer
On kol-mafia chat, in /newbie and listening to /clan, typing " /msg user whatever " will sometimes cause the message to be sent to /newbie as if you intentionally did that.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how this could happen, but I've gone ahead and rewritten that part of the code so that the logic is easier to follow and this shouldn't happen.

Any action on mafia interface results in "Request Complete" being displayed in any chat tab you have open, for me its /newbie and /clan.  Not a big deal, but it gets annoying if I'm executing multiple functions in a short period of time.
[/quote]

I added the feature because it was requested on the main forums, but I've gone ahead and taken it out, pending a smarter implementation that isn't 'annoying'.

johnnyrichter

Thanks for the fast responses guys!

holatuwol: Thanks, I look forward to the update. ;D

Veracity: I keep up with the most current daily builds. I updated to DB-5885 and it now says I have 353.33%, instead of 303.33% meat drop percentage...and 63.00% item drop percentage, instead of 53.00%. After some double-checking and re-adding...here are the results;

Shirt / Origami Pasties / +30%
Weapon / Bottle-Rocket Crossbow / +15%
Off-Hand / 7-Ball / +5%
Accessory 1 / Natty Blue Ascot / +20%
Familiar / 30Lb Cymbal-Playing Monkey / +135.25%(as noted on kol-wiki, could be off a bit)
Buff 1 / Polka of Plenty / +50%
Buff 2 / Wasabi Sinuses / +30%(Obtained from Item: Knob Goblin Nasal Spray - 10turns per use)
Skill 1 / Gnefarious Pickpocketing / +10%
Skill 2 / Nimble Fingers / +20%

All of that totals 355.25% meat drop percentage. I added wrong before, mistaking the percentage of the Natty Blue Ascot to be 30% instead of the actual 20% per item, which resulted in an extra 30% being added to my total. I had to resort to kolwiki for the familiar, buffs, and skills. I'm pretty sure about those results apart from the familiar...which may or may not be a bit off from the correct number. The current daily build is now only 2.??% off of what it should be UNLESS the familiar percentage is incorrect.

It seems, for the most part, that this problem was resolved with the most recent build. If I come across any more issues, I'll be sure to be a bit more thorough/detailed in my report next time. Thanks a lot guys, and keep up the good work. 8)

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=johnnyrichter link=topic=1600.msg7504#msg7504 date=1204923616]
The current daily build is now only 2.??% off of what it should be UNLESS the familiar percentage is incorrect.
[/quote]

We don't use the wiki formula for calculating the meat drop rate adjustment from leprechaun-types.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=johnnyrichter link=topic=1600.msg7504#msg7504 date=1204923616]
Familiar / 30Lb Cymbal-Playing Monkey / +135.25%(as noted on kol-wiki, could be off a bit)
The current daily build is now only 2.??% off of what it should be UNLESS the familiar percentage is incorrect.[/quote]
Starwed's formula for meat drop familiars from 1 to 20 lbs. is:

( .05 * x ) ** ( 1 / sqrt(2) )

...which gives 100% at 20 lb. Above 20 lb., AFH spading indicates that each lb. of Leprechaun gives (10/3)% additional meat drop. So, a 30 lb. Leprechaun should give you 100 + (100/3) = 133.33..% meat drop - which accounts for the approximately 2% difference you notice.

For mathematical elegance, we assume that Fairy drop percentages are exactly half those of a Leprechaun, and are 50% at 20 lbs. and (5/3)% per lb. above 20. Therefore, KoLmafia expects that your 30 lb. familiar provides exactly half the Item Drop boost as it does Meat Drop boost, or 66.66...% item drop.

johnnyrichter

Everything is now correctly adding up. At this time, Kol-Mafia's meat and item drop percentages are in-sync with my current setup. Thanks again for the help! 8)

tebee

Can I add another query about drop percentages? - I'm going to do anyway so I'm not sure why I asked........

Mafia doesn't seem to change the meat drop for "disco nirvana" which should, I think, be 20% + - it does recognize the item drop equivalent

Tom

Raven434

Hi I posted a while back about the hippy farm profits not being picked up automatically.

I followed the forum recommendation and visited the stand.

They seemed to be picked up for a while.

I just fired up 5896 and it seems to have "forgotten" about me ever visiting the stand.

Thanks!

;D