Item Status in Tradeitems.dat

macman104

So I'm posting this here in hopes of getting someone who knows the answer, since it will eventually be tied to a script. I'm looking for someone to explain the autosell values and what they mean. I've figured out that -1 indicates no discard, and that a negative value that isn't one is a no discard, but autosell at the positive value. The reason I ask is because I want to create a list of all the items, and it will tell mafia what to do with each item at the end of my runs. Whether to send them to someone as a gift, mall them, autosell them, clan stash them, etc. I was originally just adding to the list as I got new items, but I thought it would be easier to just create a comprehensive list off the bat. So, if someone could help me determine which items are sellable, autosellable, etc. from the tradeitems.dat (I'm assuming that's where I'll get this info) It would be greatly appreciated.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If value is:

> 0: autosells for value
= 0: no-trade no-autosell
-1: no-autosell, but tradable
<-1: not tradable, but autosellable for -value

macman104

Thanks for the response veracity, I just have a couple items that are confusing me:

These are marked 0:
- comfy blanket
- homeless hobo spirit

Yea, that's it, just htose two. Thanks again for your help :)

muffins

I was in the process of doing the same thing, macman :D

I'd also like to point out that the Familiar Gro Terrarium isn't marked as useable, and neither is the volleyball (which it needs to be to create a blood-faced volleyball).

These are the only two I've noticed so far, but I'll keep looking as I go along, trudging through the wiki and the mall, *sigh*