Bugbear monsters?

Sentrion

I noticed monsters.txt hasn't been updated with Bugbear Invasion monsters. Is there a reason for this? Do we usually wait for the monsters to be spaded as best as possible first? I'm unfamiliar with the usual process, so didn't want to make a feature request. Thanks.

Theraze

What sort of spading do you actually have? If you have accurate information, post it as new content. It tends to wait until someone gives us proper info though...

slyz

Developer
Mafia automatically recognizes monster encounters, even if the name isn't in monsters.txt. This means that things like CCS sections and auto olfaction always work if they match the monster name on the fight page.

I guess monsters are added to the data file quicker if:

- they have drops, since that is something we can't deduce from the fight page
- we have some spaded stats from a reliable source
- a dev actually bothers to add them

:)

Winterbay

Well, almost all bugbears have a 100% chance of dropping a burt so there's that, and some of them have spaded elements at least :)

The only problem is with consult scripts which has to do things on $strings rather than on $monsters since verification of a consult script with an unknown monster fails if it is used as a $monster. Not that much of a problem though.