Bugbear Door Changer

Sary

Bugbear Door Changer 0.1.1

(This script requires ZLib)

This changes the doors of the Bugbear Mothership, so that you can see at a glance what sections are accessible, started, and finished - It also gives a better clue as to whether an area will cost an adventure (because areas that are cleared don't cost an adventure if you go back, as far as I can tell.)

The below screenshot - the first 2 floors are complete, as is Navigation, I've started Engineering, and the Galley and Bridge are inaccessible to me.
Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 5.26.58 PM.png

This is my first relay/script, so any feedback you might have would be helpful - especially w.r.t. handling the Bridge. Thanks!

Usage:
  • Get zlib if you haven't... but you probably already have it.
  • Unzip bbship.zip, Place whole folder in images/
  • place.ash goes in your relay/ folder

Attachments

• bbship.zip
    90.2 KB · Views: 68
  • place.ash
    17.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
How long does it take for this script to parse the session logs to see if each door was completed?

Sary

I couldn't figure out a way to track it without hitting the logs. If mafia is storing this somewhere using that would definitely be an improvement, but I couldn't find tracking other than the keyotron.

I didn't get out a stopwatch, but I feel like it took 1 to 3 seconds to load, if that - noticeable but not much longer (if at all) than if it was loading the vanilla page. Regardless, at no time did I feel like i was sitting there waiting for it to load (unless the script was broken entirely. oops. fixed that now.)

Theraze

It does cost an adventure if you return to a completed zone. At least, it did when I was checking yesterday... maybe it varies by zone.

Sary

I'll double check after rollover, but right now I'm overdrunk.

Looking over my logs though, I have (over different runs, and not chronological)

Code:
[270] Medbay
Encounter: Staph from the Staff
[270] Morgue  
Encounter: bugbear mortician
[150] Waste Processing 
Encounter: Smell Bad!
[150] Guano Junction
Encounter: baseball bat
[453] Morgue
Encounter: The Ghost in You
[453] Haunted Bedroom
Encounter: One Nightstand
[822] Galley
Encounter: Haute Dish
[822] Navigation
Encounter: The Water Cooler of Madness
[822] Engineering
Encounter: No More Murderbots For You

The only one I'm not sure of is Special Ops, I couldn't find any instance of me getting "Fade to Black" during my runs. Sonar and the Science Lab both have the encounters noted as both not taking an adventure on the wiki.

These aren't the adventures that reroute electricity, which (I'm assuming) take an adventure, the adventures this checks for happen after an area is cleared. There's a couple areas (I think the science lab springs to mind) where the reroute adventure is just text, like the area cleared messages, so that might be what you're thinking of?

EDIT: forgot to check special ops, but engineering seems to not take an adv, unless something is weird in the tracking...

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this isn't working for me in Chrome. The zlib properties are being updated properly, but the images in the ship aren't changing.

eta more info: The available and unavailable images are working, but none of the completed images are loading.

Last edited:

Sary

Sorry for the delay, I was busy putting out fires (like half of everyone :))

I think your issue may have been due to the image caching setting - I'd guess that you had it enabled, while I had it disabled while writing this script.

I've edited place.ash to take this setting into account, and have uploaded my latest revision to the original post.

I do/did have image caching enabled.

The new place.ash, I'm pretty sure, is not working at all. The zlib settings aren't being tracked since I updated place.ash. ie I have the 3rd level open but here my settings.
Code:
zlib SaryBBI_01_Done = false
zlib SaryBBI_02_Done = false
zlib SaryBBI_03_Done = false
zlib SaryBBI_04_captain = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_1_medbay = unknown
zlib SaryBBI_1_sonar = done
zlib SaryBBI_1_waste = done
zlib SaryBBI_2_morgue = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_2_sciencelab = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_2_specops = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_3_engineering = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_3_galley = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_3_navigation = unavailable
zlib SaryBBI_lastReset = 170

Even if I update them manually, images still aren't loading on the mothership.