Bug - Fixed Wormriding conflicted with Mood Rebuffing

Cait

I just finished the Oasis quest and got the worm-riding hooks. I clicked the [wormride] link and it equipped the worm-riding hooks... then started casting buffs I was low on and re-equipped my old weapon before using my drum machine, causing me to get into an auto-fight with a giant sandworm that I couldn't control and subsequently killing me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How strange. the "wormride" link is handled in GenericRequest. It creates the Staff of Ed (if it can), saves an outfit checkpoint, equips the hooks, uses the drum machine, restores the outfit checkpoint, and visits the pyramid - which will activate the Staff of Ed, if you had one, and otherwise just report what you see. There is no "adventuring" involved, so I really don't understand why "moods" or "buffing" would kick in.

Ahhh... using a drum machine is expected to lead to an encounter, although it will not do so in this case. We do recovery for item usage if using the item will take a turn - i.e., will lead to a fight. UseItemRequest says that using a drum machine takes 1 turn - unless you have worm riding hooks equipped, in which case, it takes 0 turns. That should eliminate the mood execution.

I'm stumped. FWIW, here's what my session log looked like today when I got the hooks and hit the "wormride" link.

[727] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: The Sleeper Has Awakened
You acquire an item: worm-riding hooks

Combine 1 ancient amulet + 1 Eye of Ed
You acquire an item: headpiece of the Staff of Ed

Combine 1 headpiece of the Staff of Ed + 1 Staff of Fats
You acquire an item: Staff of Ed

equip weapon worm-riding hooks

use 1 drum machine

equip weapon 17-alarm Saucepan

equip off-hand pilgrim shield

beach.php?action=woodencity&pwd
What does YOUR session log say?

Cait

[729] Desert (Ultrahydrated)
Encounter: The Sleeper Has Awakened
You acquire an item: worm-riding hooks

equip weapon worm-riding hooks

cast 1 Jabañero Saucesphere

cast 1 Jalapeño Saucesphere

cast 1 Sauce Contemplation

equip weapon hilarious comedy prop

equip off-hand Tuesday's ruby

use 1 drum machine

[730] Drum Machine

Encounter: giant sandworm

slyz

Developer
Maybe you clicked the "wormride" link while Mafia was starting to run its post-adventuring mood maintenance?

Cait

I assume those two mingled in some fashion, yes. Thus why I was reporting that there was a negative interaction between them.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump.

In Fistcore, you can't equip worm-riding hooks, but supposedly you don't need to equip them in any run, now; simply having them in inventory (or equipped) will make the drum machine locate the pyramid for you, rather than summoning a sandworm.

We should fix the "wormride" logic.