Wolf huff and puff

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This script will run combat against the houses in the Wolf area.
It huffs and puffs and blows for a good score.
In the days before blocking was nerfed, I scored a 471 with it, but it is still viable strategy if you know what you are doing.
It huffs if you need breath or can get a free huff, puffs against non-brick houses, and blows against bricks.

Someone may want to tweak this now that the blocking has been changed, as I have not used it since.

Attachments

• huffpuff.ash
    1.8 KB · Views: 185

ckb

Minion
Staff member
no elemental breaths... why would you want those?
Basically, it follows the formula from here.

ereinion

Yeah, considering that blocking no longer works (as far as I know), I commented out these lines:
Code:
/*} else if (!(contains_text(results,"brick")) && contains_text(results,"The ancient stone head's eyes begin to glow bright green") && contains_text(results,"Combat: Round 1") ) {
            print("huffing for breath","purple");
            results = visit_url(ahuff,false); */
I am also a bit curious if the next else if clause is necessary considering that blocking has been nerfed? As far as I cna telll you enter it if you are fighting a brickhouse, have huffed once, and are in round 2? Is there any reason you'd want this anymore?
Code:
 else if (!(contains_text(results,"brick")) && contains_text(results,"You huff, gaining 3 breath") && contains_text(results,"Combat: Round 2") && (contains_text(results,"<td valign=center class=effect>You lose")) ) {
            print("When are we visiting here?", "red");
            print("huffing for breath","purple");
            results = visit_url(ahuff,false);
I am also curious if it might be worthwhile to fight the wooden houses now that you can no longer get away from those fights scot free. That is, it is no longer trivial to regain breath in fights you want to avoid, now you will probably lose a few hit points doing that. I am too lazy to do the math determining that though :p

ckb

Minion
Staff member
yea, I dunno what is optimal now.
I will tell you that being a PM with a Vampieroghi trall is what allowed me to add quite a bit to my score. It would heal during combat - if you lowered your HP, then the houses did only a small amount of HP damage (its a % of your max HP), and the thrall could heal decently.

ereinion

Ah, that is really clever. I'll try fiddling around a bit with different options. And thanks again for posting this script, it has certainly preserved my sanity in the attempts I have made at hitting the leaderboards :)