Why does Mafia hate the Pin-Stripe Slacks?

Ranrar

I've noticed this over the course of several ascensions. On day two, I go to equip the pin-stripe slacks (ya, I need the +int for defiled, judge all you want :p ) and Mafia doesn't know that I have have them. I have to go to the relay browser to equip. Seriously minor pain and might be an interaction problem. But is this just me?

Also, this might just be Mafia helping me avoid a serious fashion faux pas.

Bale

Minion
Actually, the problem is with noticing the latest Pen Pal item of the day. Any Pen Pal item. At first login of the day. This is because mafia visits main.php after checking inventory in the api.

Your Pen Pal mail and item does not appear until you hit main.php so mafia is unaware of your latest Pen Pal item until you refresh inventory in some way. You don't notice this on day one because mafia checks inventory -after- returning from Valhalla. (Returning from Valhalla hits main.php so your first Pen Pal item appears.)

This could be solved by having mafia visit main.php at logon, before checking the api. You could make a feature request for this.

Last edited:

Ranrar

Any Pen Pal item. At first login of the day. This is because mafia visits main.php after checking inventory in the api.

Cool, Thanks for the info. "If you have a pen pal then you should hit refresh after login for full usage."

PS Dang it... I know there is a better word than "usage"... something that means situational awareness, or complete understanding, or battlefield observance... or something... on the tip of my tongue...

Winterbay

I use this alias in my login-script to make sure I get my penpal-items:
Code:
alias penpal => ashq string res; res = visit_url("main.php"); cli_execute("refresh inv");

Bale

Minion
There's something similar in my login script also. (My login script checks to ensure that there's stuff it only does at first log on. This is in that section.)

Cool, Thanks for the info. "If you have a pen pal then you should hit refresh after login for full usage."

PS Dang it... I know there is a better word than "usage"... something that means situational awareness, or complete understanding, or battlefield observance... or something... on the tip of my tongue...

I think the word you're looking for is "recognition".

Winterbay

There's something similar in my login script also. (My login script checks to ensure that there's stuff it only does at first log on. This is in that section.)

Well, yes. I have a setting that is set when the login-script has fully run so that it won't do stupid things the next time :)