What *IS* a CLI script, anyway? (file extensions)

philmasterplus

Since joining the KoLmafia forums, I have repeatedly seen the term "cli script" being used in various situations. However, there seems to be no clear information about what a CLI script exactly is. I understand it is a text file containing cli commands, but does it require a specific file extension for KoLmafia to understand? Or would any extension apart from .ASH work?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since joining the KoLmafia forums, I have repeatedly seen the term "cli script" being used in various situations. However, there seems to be no clear information about what a CLI script exactly is. I understand it is a text file containing cli commands, but does it require a specific file extension for KoLmafia to understand? Or would any extension apart from .ASH work?

You're right. I do not believe a specific file extension is required although the convention seems to be .txt. What does have to happen is that the file needs to be a plain text file. The way to get that is somewhat OS specific but Notepad (Windows) or vi (*nix) are two common tools that will do the job. Your "word processor" will not, however :)