Weirdness in the pyramids

Elayne

Hello,

I didn't know where else to ask this question except here, since this happened in the relay browser. I hope you don't mind me posting parts of the raw session log. I'll try to remove unnecessary information to keep it as short as possible.

use 1 tomb ratchet <--- was using a softcore guide, that said use a tomb ratchet so you wouldn't look for the wheel in the upper chamber.

[552] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: Iiti Kitty

[553] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: tomb bat

[554] The Middle Chamber

[555] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: Wheel in the Pyramid, Keep on Turning
choice.php?whichchoice=135&option=1&pwd

[556] The Middle Chamber

[557] The Middle Chamber <--- strangely enough, here the image in the relay browser was showing the bucket on the left/empty room on the right after only 2 wheel turns

[558] The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty)

[559] The Middle Chamber

[560] The Middle Chamber

[561] The Middle Chamber

[562] The Middle Chamber

[563] The Middle Chamber

[564] The Middle Chamber

[565] The Middle Chamber

[566] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: tomb servant

[567] The Middle Chamber <--- this was the only time where the relay browser showed the pile of rocks on the left, vending machine on the right (after 5 turns)

[568] The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb)

[569] The Middle Chamber

[570] The Middle Chamber

[571] The Middle Chamber

[572] The Middle Chamber

[573] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber) <--- at this point, I have 7 adventures left, so enough time for Ed.

[574] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber) <--- Ed didnt show up. Relay browser said that I'd have to clear rocks, IIRC.

So I was wondering if it was a bug or if I was doing something wrong that I didn't get to fight Ed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I expect it's a bug. I have never seen a tomb ratchet (and am not likely to ever see one, since I don't do Softcore), so we do not advance the pyramid position when you use one. Feel free to file a bug report over in the appropriate section of these forums.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I expect it's a bug. I have never seen a tomb ratchet (and am not likely to ever see one, since I don't do Softcore), so we do not advance the pyramid position when you use one. Feel free to file a bug report over in the appropriate section of these forums.

I thought ratchets were faster than wheel turning once you have olfaction and a hound dog. That was before things like unicorn stickers existed, even. Of course, there are non-speed reasons for using the middle chamber, like getting the healing items and such, and probably other reasons I can't think of.

Bale

Minion
I have never seen a tomb ratchet (and am not likely to ever see one, since I don't do Softcore).
With olfaction and unicorn stickers I'm just rolling in ratchets. A hound dog is just extra gravy. You merely have to put the wheel in place before they'll start dropping. If you don't put the wheel in place you'll never see a ratchet.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll have to start using my stickers, I guess. I've got another 18 or HC 100% familiar runs to go, so the Hound Dog is only for Aftercore for me, at the moment.

I'll ascend after I do Arrrbor day, and I'll try out tomb rachets soon enough and see what I can figure out to integrate them with KoLmafia's support for the choice adventure.

As I said up there, it would be nice to have a bug report in the appropriate place to remind me...