Feature - Rejected Wad Transmutation

Cait

Mafia doesn't seem to recognize that players with The Way of Sauce can craft wads together to change them into different ones. Can this be easily implemented?

slyz

Developer
Here is the relevant portion of concoctions.txt:
Code:
# KoLmafia currently doesn't support items with more than one creation method

hot wad	SSAUCE	twinkly wad	sleaze wad
cold wad	SSAUCE	twinkly wad	hot wad
spooky wad	SSAUCE	twinkly wad	cold wad
stench wad	SSAUCE	twinkly wad	spooky wad
sleaze wad	SSAUCE	twinkly wad	stench wad

It seems that all Mafia needs is a way to support items with more than one creation method :)

Cait

That script's useful if you're doing Rainbow Gravitation, but my interests were more for acquiring certain statbuffs depending on the run; for example, getting Spooky and/or Stench wads as a Myst class. I'm not sure how well that script works toward that design.

Bale

Minion
Less well. :( You should be able to salvage some of the code though. It'd be helpful in writing the script you want.

Cait

Incidentally... when it says 'more than one creation method', does that mean Mafia doesn't want to consider making a wad by cooking because you can make a wad by pulverizing?

slyz

Developer
The other way to "craft" wads is to Malus them. That's the one Mafia knows about.

Although I seem to remember Mafia knowing that it could use two different umbrellas to craft gatorskin umbrellas. I'll have a look at the code to see if that was hardcoded or not.

slyz

Developer
Oh, that would definitively cause problems.

And there is special code to handle gatorskin umbrella crafting, by the way.

Cait: I guess you wanted to see what wads were available to you in the Spleen section of the Item manager, to quickly find the ones corresponding to your mainstat. It looks like you will need to come up with a script, unfortunately.

roippi

Developer
The combination of multiple crafting recipes and circular crafting groups unfortunately creates a perfect storm of coding nightmare. I'll mark rejected unless some brave soul wants to reopen :)