Feature - Implemented Voodoo Doll as part of Breakfast

Think I've suggested more pointless things as deeds and breakfast then anybody ever should, but how about one to make a difference...

Can we get the Voodoo doll to be part of a daily breakfast? I'd like to slightly improve my odds of getting the pins and needles buff.

If breakfast out of ronin can be tweaked to try to acquire a voodoo doll, and opt out rather then opt in, we could change the odds rather *cough* Sharply.

Bale

Minion
Considering how many vaguely useful toys are now part of breakfast, it is a bit of an oversight not to include this one as well.

If breakfast out of ronin can be tweaked to try to acquire a voodoo doll, and opt out rather then opt in, we could change the odds rather *cough* Sharply.

I couldn't really encourage that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This toy is unlike all of the other toys which are part of breakfast. The "vaguely useful" toys all give YOU a permanent benefit: stats gains, items, whatever. This one gives 20 turns of a status effect to a random player.

I was not aware that it could give it to you. If you are hoping to get it for yourself, wouldn't you prefer to do it at a time when you are just about to want 20 turns of the effect, rather than as part of breakfast? If you get the effect yourself at breakfast, it will apply to the FIRST 20 turns of the day.

I reject this as part of breakfast. Add it to your own breakfast script, if you want it to be part of your breakfast.

it can't give it to you, but if enough people have it in breakfast, then there is a chance you will get it
the more people who do it each day, the better the chance
thus trying to get it part of breakfast, so every mafia user who breakfasts with one will help spread the buff

being part of my breakfast helps only one random person

being part of the breakfast of all mafia players gives me a slim chance of seeing the buff

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, what the heck. If it can't give it to you, you may as well do it as part of breakfast, then. I'll re-open this.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
it can't give it to you, but if enough people have it in breakfast, then there is a chance you will get it
the more people who do it each day, the better the chance
thus trying to get it part of breakfast, so every mafia user who breakfasts with one will help spread the buff

being part of my breakfast helps only one random person

being part of the breakfast of all mafia players gives me a slim chance of seeing the buff

Wow. I'm not sure I support this as a feature but I definitely give you credit for thinking outside of the box.

Terion

Looking at the doll's talk page, there was one person who reported that they hit themselves with the effect. However, even if it's true that using the doll targets "one random player" instead of "one random player, other than yourself", I'd still wager that having Breakfast users automatically use the doll gives you a better chance of getting the On P&N effect than using it before you need that +23 Init and hoping to randomly hit yourself instead of one of the other hundreds of thousands of eligible targets.

And, +23 Init seems a pretty minor bonus to get worked up over if Mafia denies me the vanishingly-small "chance" to obtain it when I want by automatically using the doll when I log in.

TL,DR: Good change, more people might get surprised by the effect.