Bug - Cannot Reproduce Various problems

I have been having some problems with Mafia lately and it's really been bothering me. For example, if I cast a buff on myself [or use a skill etc], things will get grayed out- like the "begin" button in the adventure window, the "gear changer"- every single gear section will be gray, the eat/drink/spleen lists.... and this will "fix" itself if I go use an adventure, or in the relay browser make myself something to eat/drink. It also happens when I eat or drink something through Mafia, when I buy a buff from a buffbot, and some other things trigger it too. I don't know why it does this. Can someone PLEASE help?

Also, as a side note, can I use the .jar releases on Mac OSX?

some info:
running 14.1 on Mac OSX 10.5.8
have not downloaded any new scripts lately
have tried turning off greasemonkey

Theraze

Most likely, your 'problem' is just not waiting for the processing to finish... while it does something, like casts a skill, runs a script, etc, everything greys out so you don't screw yourself up...

Darzil

Developer
I got the same one day, on just one character, but it cleared next day, don't know what caused it.

Basically after any action in mafia, it never returned control, til I did something (clicking on any link did it), at which point mafia became useable again.

No, it doesn't freeze. I can change windows/look at different views [adventure, graphical CLI etc]/don't get the spinning beach ball of doom, etc. I can pull up menus- the program ITSELF is not froze. It's just things are grayed out. Though it has frozen a lot lately.

I just now had an issue where I was trying to make and eat Fettucini Inconnu and I was 9 full. I checked my inventory via the relay browser and had the ingredients and everything, yet it, nor any other reagent pasta, and I also had knob sausage. I was able to make it through the relay browser.

Theraze

Yeah... mine likes to freeze with all the buttons for actually doing stuff greyed sometimes... usually when I'm experiencing a burst of lag or something like that. That's why I suggested that the system might just have been trying to process things. Though if it's just locking up and you didn't tell it to do anything, that's different...?

xKiv

Do you have a queued action that refuses to finish? (this would also prevent most CLI commands from immediately executing; you can "safely" test by issuing somethig like "print 1", I don't think there is a command for displaying all queued commands, and there doesn't even seem to be any indication that there are any queued commands until you enter a new one)

roippi

Developer
Another "mafia stuck in pending state" request to close.

If anyone gets one of these in the future ("mafia is grayed out"), do try to get a reproducible set of steps that we can follow in order to debug.