Bug - Fixed Using Lucky Entryway quest task failed on star weapon (Axecore)

I did check to see if anyone else faced this failure in Axecore, but do not see anything about it. I may have been looking with my male eyes, though. ;) In build 10607 and Mafia 15.1, I always use the very handy Lucky Entryway to run through my keys and stuff. This time it failed the star key part with the following error.

Putting on star hat...
Equipment changed.
Taking Twinkles the Star Starfish out of terrarium...
Inserting Richard's star key...
Failed to equip a star weapon.

I was able to put on the star hat and do it manually. Thoughts? Feelings?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Worked perfectly for me two days ago:

equip hat star hat
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Sinister Strumming)
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Squeezings of Woe)
You acquire an item: fishbowl
You acquire an item: fishtank
You acquire an item: fish hose

That is the session log, not the gCLI, but as you can see, nothing about trying to equip a weapon or a familiar.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I must just be cursed then. Any thoughts of why this may happen? I had the latest build of both the JAR and the EXE.
Um. "The latest build" of the EXE is from last Sunday.

Exactly what version did you use? Where did you get it?

Theraze

So stop using builds from before Axecore was released and expecting them to be aware of Axecore?

In other words, use something newer.

Theraze

Ah... I was thinking it had jumped up to 15.2, but that's the one that is planned for when KoL does its secure login change.

Darzil

Developer
I must just be cursed then. Any thoughts of why this may happen? I had the latest build of both the JAR and the EXE.

If you aren't wielding Trusty when you run the script (which isn't unlikely if you do it after the mirror), you'll get this happen. Try wielding Trusty and running the script again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you aren't wielding Trusty when you run the script (which isn't unlikely if you do it after the mirror), you'll get this happen. Try wielding Trusty and running the script again.
This makes no sense to me. The current code does not require a star weapon for the built-in lair entryway script. Whether you are wielding a weapon or not should not matter.

Darzil

Developer
This makes no sense to me. The current code does not require a star weapon for the built-in lair entryway script. Whether you are wielding a weapon or not should not matter.

I suspect it is Kol that requires you to have Trusty + Star Hat to succeed in Axecore.

Personally I ran the script today after passing the mirror with no weapon equipped, and got the same result as the OP. I equipped Trusty and ran the script and it succeeded. I'm sure had I run the script instead of unequipping everything for the mirror, it would have re-equipped Trusty before trying the star key and succeeded.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah! Thanks!

Revision 10637 will make sure that Trusty is equipped before using the star key.