Bug - Fixed Unable to log in

ToughPapaya

Error: Could not acquire the file lock for the_kd_lady: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessions\active_session.the_kd_lady (The system cannot find the path specified.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Error: Could not acquire the file lock for the_kd_lady: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessions\active_session.the_kd_lady (The system cannot find the path specified.)

The path to the file tells me that KoLmafia thinks its home directory is C:\WINDOWS\system32. That is not a good idea and mafia will not work unless you run as a Windows Administrator.

I would consider making a directory in Documents (C:\Users\,username>\Documents\KoLmafia perhaps) putting the KoLmafia jar file there and starting the jar file from there.

If that doesn't work then tell us the directory containing the jar file, what you do to start it and what you are running for Java - version, etc.

ToughPapaya

The path to the file tells me that KoLmafia thinks its home directory is C:\WINDOWS\system32. That is not a good idea and mafia will not work unless you run as a Windows Administrator.

I would consider making a directory in Documents (C:\Users\,username>\Documents\KoLmafia perhaps) putting the KoLmafia jar file there and starting the jar file from there.

If that doesn't work then tell us the directory containing the jar file, what you do to start it and what you are running for Java - version, etc.
I've moved the jar file to my Documents folder (It was originally in the Downloads folder), and I am now able to log in. Thank you!

Last edited: