Bug - Fixed Trendy - Launching KoLmafia while in combat

I encountered an issue today where I exited last while in combat, when trying to relaunch KoLmafia it was trying to check trendy items state and would bring up the main interface. I don't have a bug report from it because it would bring up the login panel, then after hitting login, that panel would disappear then javaw.exe would just sit in the background occasionally using a little cpu but the main window would never come up.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What version are you running? As of revision 10211, logging in to a Trendy fight worked flawlessly for me.

relyk

I had this happen as well. It loops printing "Redirected to fight page". Easy way to fix was loading GUI before logging in and then finishing the fight manually. I didn't note the version but it was v14.8 r10114 or similar.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I had this happen as well. It loops printing "Redirected to fight page". Easy way to fix was loading GUI before logging in and then finishing the fight manually. I didn't note the version but it was v14.8 r10114 or similar.
Considering that the behavior you describe was fixed in r10211, there is nothing surprising about seeing it in an older revision.

Regarding the OP's report: I'll need to see a debug log. Turn on debugging before you log in. Log in. If it fails to make the main interface, exit KoLmafia and look at the log.

shoptroll

Main Window does not appear if directed to a fight page on login

Pretty self-explanatory. Mafia's relay browser locked up at the start of a fight, logged out of KoL and tried to log back in. Mafia signs in, progress bar says "redirected to a fight page" and then the main window fails to appear while javaw.exe is still running according to Process Manager. Daily build #10323 although this was also occurring in 10274 (I wasn't sure if this was already reported so I tried to see if the latest hourly build had the same problem).

Debug log is attached.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120127.txt
    265.4 KB · Views: 33

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You omitted to mention that you are in a Trendy run - which makes this report a suplicate of this bug report. I am pleased to see that you included a debug log, unlike the earlier report. Thanks.

Merging.

Redirected to fight page during login => no interface window

Start a fight -> close kolmafia -> try to log in again -> see message "redirected to fight page" - > login screen disappears and mafia stays in background forever.
Tested on Linux Mint 12, KDE 4.7.4, java 1.6.0_26, kolmafia build r10232

---
NightBird

Yes, I started trendy run today and my active tab before closing kolmafia was gear changer or graphical cli (iirc). Can't say which one, because I saw adventure tab after set of actions "kill <mafia process id>"->login to native kol interface->resume fight->start kolmafia again

---
NightBird

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There were still problems when you had certain frames as tabs. Revision 10331 should fix them.