Bug - Won't Fix Temporary Blindness in the Cyrpt doesn't track Evilmeter beeps

nema

Been doing lots of bad moon, and due to order, use the defiled niche to work off temporary blindness.

Each ascension I did this, I noticed Mafia doesn't have the correct evilmeter data. After combat, I do see messages about how many beeps were observed, so I assume Mafia is keying off the monster name (which changes due to temporary blindness) instead of the beep messages.

Mafia does update to the correct values when I examine the evilmeter from inventory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Swarms of ghuol whelps have a variable number of beeps, so "count the beeps" won't necessarily work. It's always possible to tell, but some of the logic can get complicated (like if you just used putty or rain-doh to trigger the fight, versus getting there from a noncombat, otherwise tracking the number of beeps). If it's 1 beep, and you have temporary blindness and teleportitis, and it's just a normal combat, then I'm pretty sure there's no way to figure it out at all (if the monster drops nothing).

My guess is that this isn't worth trying to sort out.

Could you have mafia just specifically use the Evilometer after each turn when it would otherwise be unlikely mafia could tell what new progress has been made? So if it sees you have both teleportitis and blindness, it'd just check the meter after every adventure, for example.

roippi

Developer
Could you have mafia just specifically use the Evilometer after each turn when it would otherwise be unlikely mafia could tell what new progress has been made? So if it sees you have both teleportitis and blindness, it'd just check the meter after every adventure, for example.

Adding a server hit for such an edge case certainly isn't worth it.