Bug - Fixed Telescope gcli command not resetting after dropping Bee path

jwylot

With the discovery of trophy 98, this is likely to come up more often. So I ascended Bees Hate You to get the trophy then dropped to SCNP. After restarting mafia, "telescope" still shows I need six tropical orchids although a visit to the campground shows the correct items for each tower level.

Edit

Once I got the one tropical orchid I needed, the telescope command displayed correctly.

Last edited:

DoctorRotelle

Developer
I had to "refresh session" to make my_path() return None. Dropping BHY did not do this, visiting the character and account pages didn't either. Am I misunderstanding how mafia learns your path, or does it just not recheck it? I do not know how to fix this issue, but it seems it should be tied in with the telescope refresh code when it is added.

Rinn

Developer
Mafia needs to refresh the data it gathers from api.php when a path is dropped.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I had to "refresh session" to make my_path() return None. Dropping BHY did not do this, visiting the character and account pages didn't either. Am I misunderstanding how mafia learns your path, or does it just not recheck it? I do not know how to fix this issue, but it seems it should be tied in with the telescope refresh code when it is added.

Mafia learns your path by checking the api. It only resets the value when you break the prism, log in or refresh session.

Mafia does not currently check for dropping a path so you need to refresh session if you do that.

slyz

Developer
Visiting the account options page should be enough for Mafia to re-learn your path.

When you drop Teetotaler, Boozetafarian or Oxygenarian, it should reset your consumption restrictions. If you drop Hardcore, it should know you aren't in HC anymore. The same goes for Bad Moon.

Rinn

Developer
That is true, but Mafia should be able to refresh automatically for the user so they're not confused right?

slyz

Developer
Well, it's just a matter of convincing a dev to drop runs to test that :)

Maybe I should start a multi for this kind of things.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Well, it's just a matter of convincing a dev to drop runs to test that :)

Maybe I should start a multi for this kind of things.
If someone were to decide they want to test code changes for this but they don't want to go out of their way to create the situation, any no-path run can be started as a bee run and immediately dropped.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
I dropped BHY and it did not update my_path() until I visited Options/Account. Telescope required a visit to update, as well.

Last edited:

matt.chugg

Revision 9008 added some things to account-request to detect dropping hc etc, http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?5...p-page-submissions-are-handled&highlight=9008

Should I be looking to fix this here, possibly by just calling a refresh?

I'm ascending tomorrow, but will probably be going into the new path, I have a multi which should be into the 11 days and let me use the new reset button to get the url for dropping.

EDIT: I can't find the reset button, looks like I need to have actually ascended once to be able to use it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll submit code to detect dropping your path, since I am in AccountRequest anyway, adding code for Axecore.

If you were Beecore, it will look through the telescope.
If you were Axecore, it will look at your bookshelf.

I don't intend to test either of these.

matt.chugg

I'll submit code to detect dropping your path, since I am in AccountRequest anyway, adding code for Axecore.

If you were Beecore, it will look through the telescope.
If you were Axecore, it will look at your bookshelf.

I don't intend to test either of these.

I'll test them once I have my first axe core run done, axe core looks like its going to be my favourite so far, Ill probably be able to do a 5 day, (maybe 4) axe core based on current info, ascend into Beecore, drop into casual and be back in axe core to test dropping axe core in around 8 days, I'll update here.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10499 should detect when you drop a challenge path.

If you drop Beecore, it looks through your telescope.
If you drop Axecore, it looks at your Bookshelf and Terrarium

matt.chugg

Dropping Axecore did this: Looks Good, telescope was accurate

Now walking on the Disco Bandit road.
Loading character status...
Retrieving character data...
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, when you drop the Avatar of Boris path, it throws you into the End of the Boris Road choice and you pick your new class, eh?

I figured as much. We don't do anything special when you drop the path on the account menu, but when that choice adventure resolves, we refresh (some of) your character. That's been repeatedly tested, since that's what happens when you free the king.

Thanks for testing this.