Feature - Implemented Take equipment from familiar in Gear Changer

Darzil

Developer
When you pick accessories from the gear changer, ones you are already wearing in other slots are shown. However, when you pick weapons, hats or pants, those currently equipped on your hand, hatrack or scarecrow familiar are not shown. This means you have to swap to that familiar, then swap out the familiar equipment, then swap back to your current familiar, then equip the equipment.

So for example, my spangly pants are on the scarecrow, but I'm using the Stomping Boots, and want to wear the pants. I can't pick the pants in Gear Changer until I unequip them from the Familiar. I'd like to be able to pick them and have mafia move stuff, the way it does when it lets you pick Familiar equipment from familiars that aren't currently equipped.

Hope that makes some sense !

charred

this would be great. i keep forgetting to wear my spangly hat because its sitting on my hatrack even if im not using it

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10726 does this. It adds items currently worn by a hatrack, scarecrow, or disembodied hand to the hats, pants, or weapons lists, respectively, and will steal the item from the familiar if you tell it to change to that item.

It does not include such items if the familiar is your active familiar. That's a little tricky; if you have exactly one spangly hat, say, and your hatrack is wearing it and is your active familiar, if you select it for your own hat and say "change gear", first we steal it and equip it, and then, we notice that the familiar doesn't have it, so we steal it right back and give it to the familiar.

That's something I didn't feel like dealing with at the moment.

Tell me how it works for you - assuming you are not in Axecore and can actually use your familiars. :)