Bug Sourceforge timeout causing Mafia to lock up

slyz

Developer
From the KoLmafia: Official Q&A thread on the KoL forum:
Nightwind_292 said:
I must be reading the debug wrong, but it looks like timeouts on sourceforge is causing mafia to lock up, is there a debug I can click to make it not check there and just run?

Apparently in KoLmafia.UpdateCheckThread we have:
PHP:
FileUtilities.getReader( "http://kolmafia.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kolmafia/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/KoLConstants.java" );

I'm out of my depth, so I can't fix this, but I hope someone else can have a look.

Bale

Minion
Nightwind showed me part of the debug log in question. It looked like this:

Nightwind_292 said:
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.FileUtilities.readLine(FileUtilities.java:155)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.FileUtilities.readData(FileUtilities.java:180)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.MallPriceDatabase.updatePrices(MallPriceDatabase.java:99)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.MallPriceDatabase.updatePrices(MallPriceDatabase.java:160)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.UpdateDataCommand.run(UpdateDataCommand.java:66)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.doExecuteCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:548)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:501)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:402)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:270)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LoginManager.doLogin(LoginManager.java:116)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LoginManager.login(LoginManager.java:71)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:419)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1786)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1682)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1389)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1282)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:268)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:221)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:184)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaGUI.initialize(KoLmafiaGUI.java:120)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.main(KoLmafia.java:476)

holatuwol

Developer
In that case, he read the debug log wrong.

Edit: Actually, looking deeper into that stack trace, it errors out on something that we do on login if you choose to share price data. This is the command that we run, so it actually times out trying to contact this site, not Sourceforge.

Code:
update prices http://kolmafia.us/scripts/updateprices.php?action=getmap

However, it should only print a debug log when it runs into a timeout when executing that command and then continue as normal. As such, there's probably something else that's causing things to lock up that the debug log does not show.

Last edited: