[SORTA-REQUEST] kitycore anti-mistake

Fluxxdog

I think I remember zlib and BBB having the is_100_run was done for Kittycore. Always remember, a program is only as smart as its user. Which reminds me, I have to tidy some scripts of mine... damn saplings...

Theraze

100% run doesn't need tracking... if you're doing something 100%, that just means you need to not screw it up and be sure you do it every time. Only potential wrinkle using BBB with the is_100_run variable is after familiar trainer in the tower... it won't switch back to your 100% run familiar on going to the NS, so you either change back manually, or remind yourself to adventure once somewhere else to fix it.

zarqon

The point of adding is_100_run was so that all scripts that use ZLib can avoid swapping your familiar in case you are going for a 100% run (which is rather common). I later added familiar enforcement to BBB as an aid to Kittycorers, but the original purpose was not as a Kittycore failsafe but as a way to specify a 100% run across scripts, without needing to change a lot of variables or be nervous about scripts swapping your familiar.

tgetgel

Does zlib accurately track familiar usage?

How can I find out my familiar usage before ascending? (I'm in a 100% black cat run.)

I tried the ascension visualizer, but disagree with it's results. It said I used 259 turns with the mosquito. I manually searched through my session logs and only found the mosquito when I put it in the Terrarium or trained in the arena.

tgetgel

Thanks for the reply, Icon315.

This shows the arena training as well. Is there a way to show non-arena combats only? (Make sure I am still 100%?)

chart.png

zarqon

Nope. The counter for combats started with a certain familiar (what matters for 100% runs) is invisible, and you can't figure it out from familiar kills or experience.

Just ascend and hope you got it. If not, join the club.

icon315

A way you could do it is by maybe writing a script that gets all the kills for the familiars, maybe a post/pre ascension script, and writes them in a .txt file.
then another that uses the differences in kills later on to determine %'s.

Bale

Minion
zarqon already pointed out in the post above yours that such a method will only produce an approximation at best. He indicated your method doesn't account for runways (free or otherwise) or getting beaten up in a fight. How can you account for that?

In addition to his qualms, a non-combat will count against familiar percent if it is possible for it to lead to a combat, even if you don't get in a fight.

Last edited: