Feature - Implemented Reminder to switch seed packets

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It would be nice to have a reminder to switch seed packets before ascending. Here is a patch that gives a link to use any seed packet you have (having one means it isn't already planted). The code for adding punctuation in between the links seems like it could be improved, but I can't think of a better way of doing it.

Attachments

• switchSeeds.patch
    2.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

roippi

Developer
I looked at this, and it does what it says it does. Cool. Though.. putting it there kind of makes it seem like you "forgot" to use an item, when really it's a strategic choice.

How about "Garden: plant Pumpkin (currently Peppermints)" ?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
How do you check what's currently planted? The only (false) indicator I could find is the lack of a seed packet. get_campground(), which I assume grabs something that would be relevant, lists (0 of, in my case) both sprouts and pumpkins.

Loading campground.php just to check for it is possible, but doesn't seem reasonable.

roippi

Developer
We load campground.php on login, no need to hit it again.

CampgroundRequest.getCrop() is null if there's no garden, and otherwise has the current crop.

r10650

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Using the seed packet to switch doesn't update what mafia thinks you have planted, which could be slightly confusing if someone uses the link there.

roippi

Developer
If mafia doesn't know to update campground status when using a seed packet, that's a bug that we should address.

Darzil

Developer
For me this says :

Garden: plant pumpkin (currently Pumpkin)

I have both pumpkin and peppermint packets, with peppermint currently planted.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You have one in your campground and both opened packets (the untradeable form)? I assumed KoL wouldn't let you do that. Does that mean that if you use a peppermint packet you end up with 2 pumpkin packets (untradeable form)?

Note that if you click the link once it will currently update the type you can click (the link text) without updating the type in your campground, which can be misleading. I'm assuming you're viewing this for the first time and haven't already switched today, though.

Darzil

Developer
Sorry, I have pumpkin packet and peppermint planted, but it says : Garden: plant pumpkin (currently Pumpkin)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
As long as you used the peppermint packet sometime today, then that bug matches what I reported in post #5. If you didn't, then there's something else weird happening.