Feature - Implemented Recognizing fullness in unknown food.

Erich

Ingesting a slice of pizza didn't update my fullness counter in mafia, so I'm guessing it's not implemented yet, which is fine (r11850). But I was wondering why that was, since it tells you "You gain 1 Fullness" (does it tell you that when fullness counter is turned off?). Is there a way for mafia to recognize new consumptions even if the item isn't in the text yet, based on the "You gain..." message?

Yendor

TPTB have just decided to have food display its size in its description, so that would do it. Mafia would still need to parse the "You gain X Fullness" line for things like s'mores or quantum tacos.

Erich

TPTB have just decided to have food display its size in its description, so that would do it. Mafia would still need to parse the "You gain X Fullness" line for things like s'mores or quantum tacos.

I literally saw that update after you posted this, so that makes me quite happy. Thanks for pointing it out!

roippi

Developer
r11867. This touches on more complex issues so there will likely be some double-counting bugs that spring up from this.

Does enabling the fullness display cause a "you gain X fullness" message when consuming sushi?

Does enabling the fullness display cause a "you gain X fullness" message when eating at a cafe (like chez snootee)?

roippi

Developer
I know everyone's doing the new challenge path now, but can anyone answer either of the two above questions? I can't close this until I know the answers to them.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You do not get a "you gain X fullness" for sushi, fullness display enabled or not.

You do get a "you gain X fullness" when eating at Chez Snootee with the fullness display enabled (but not with it disabled).

Winterbay

I can check tomorrow for the sushi at least (have a multi that is mainly fooling around in the sea).

roippi

Developer
Cool thanks guys.

Chances are cafe requests get double-counted right now. I'll need to do some refactoring to fix that, it's not straightforward.

roippi

Developer
r11885 does that, wasn't terribly complicated after all.

If people could be extra vigilant about fullness being properly updated, that would be good - there's a chance new double-counting/not-counting bugs popped up from this. (new bugs can go in new threads)