Bug - Waiting for Info Rat Whiskers cannot be sold until quest is completed

Bale

Minion
When you prepare to enter the astral gash, KoLmafia points out "Common Stuff You Didn't Do". Once upon a time it was possible to trade in rat whiskers even if you did not complete the quest. This is no longer true. However, KoLmafia still suggest the trade and deducts the rat whiskers when you click the link.

In the below example I click the astral gash link to sell my rat whiskers. Quantity is checked both before and after this event. Then I refresh inventory and check quantity of rat whiskers again to discover that they were not sold after all.

Code:
[COLOR="olive"]> inv rat whisker[/COLOR]

rat whisker (12)
Selling 12 rat whiskers to the pretentious artist

[COLOR="olive"]> inv refresh[/COLOR]

Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Requests complete.

rat whisker (12)

Bale

Minion
While it might be nice to know not to put the link there, mostly I'm hoping that mafia will recognize the failure instead of subtracting the whiskers from inventory.

slyz

Developer
r10212 simply skips removing whiskers from the player's inventory if we don't see "Thanks, Adventurer." in the response text. I had to finish the quest to get the message, so it's untested for the case when a player hasn't finished.

We could also add something like this in ArtistRequest.processResults():
PHP:
if ( this.getURLString().indexOf( "action=whisker" ) != -1 &&
     this.responseText.indexOf( "Thanks, Adventurer." ) == -1 &&
     this.responseText.indexOf( "You don't have any rat whiskers, Adventurer." ) == -1 )
{
	KoLmafia.updateDisplay( KoLConstants.ERROR_STATE, "Finish the Artist's quest before selling your rat whiskers." );
}
but I'm not sure it would be very useful, since we never create any ArtistRequest in the code.

Last edited: